You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Man City - the new bitters?

Naz17

Guest Alex_K

If anything, in football there is not remotely enough finger pointing. Football is a world that operates almost entirely separate of external regulation. Dominated by crooks from top to bottom -- demonstrated in every inch of the business from lack of FFP enforcement to dubious finals played in Azerbaijan to World Cups in Qatar. It's one of the ugliest businesses in the world. City are the cherry on that unseemly cake 

53 minutes ago, Alex_K said:

If anything, in football there is not remotely enough finger pointing. Football is a world that operates almost entirely separate of external regulation. Dominated by crooks from top to bottom -- demonstrated in every inch of the business from lack of FFP enforcement to dubious finals played in Azerbaijan to World Cups in Qatar. It's one of the ugliest businesses in the world. City are the cherry on that unseemly cake 

GettyImages-1043137886.jpg

4259A22A00000578-0-image-a-3_1500148908734.jpg

3762292.jpg

Jordan-Henderson-pointing.jpg

On 03/07/2019 at 10:31, Lizzie Birdsworths Wrinkled Chopper said:

Article about their FFP charge from

UEFA in the Echo today, quoting some “football finance expert”.

The rest of it is ground already well covered, but had never heard this mentioned before:

“And I think the third area where Manchester City are being criticised, and which a lot of people would actually say is a really smart thing to do, is that the guy who wrote the FFP rules for UEFA was headhunted by Manchester City and he’s now their finance director. In any other business, you’d think that was a really smart thing to do, but in football, because there’s always finger pointing and whataboutery, it means there are criticisms of the club. Whether that’s true or not, that’s not for me to say.”

Stupid fucking thing to say, the point is it's not just business, it's competitive sport.  With cheating the competitiveness is diminished, when the competitiveness is diminished the sport diminishes leading to an inevitable decline of the sport in some, or all, ways. It's not rocket science. 

Since it's a Man City topic:

I would like to go to the match on November 9th, Liverpool-City, I got offered a ticket for 350 pounds, ideally I'd take a few and they are supposedly next to each other. Is that an acceptable deal or getting ripped off?

1 hour ago, RazorBack said:

I would like to go to the match on November 9th, Liverpool-City, I got offered a ticket for 350 pounds, ideally I'd take a few and they are supposedly next to each other. Is that an acceptable deal or getting ripped off?

£350 each???

Tell them to fuck right off, the cheeky twats.

1 hour ago, RazorBack said:

I've been looking all over, and the cheapest I've found is with two nights in a hotel and the ticket for 950 pounds. not including plane ticket. It's just getting impossible to get over more than once, maybe twice a year. This though with hospitality and a random legend meet and greet. A stand alone ticket is nigh on impossible to get. 

At least hope we get a FA cup match somewhere near London as it's much cheaper to get to those kind of games. Only problem with that is sitting fucking still when we score haha.

• 1 month later...
1 hour ago, Istvan Kosma said:

I wonder if certain payments to media hacks are keeping them from being constantly attacked over their human rights record and blatant disregard for the financial fair play rules? 

If we get over 90 points again and finish 2nd, way ahead of 3rd, it's going to be very demoralizing. 

Oil cheating cunts

57 minutes ago, niallers said:

I wonder if certain payments to media hacks are keeping them from being constantly attacked over their human rights record and blatant disregard for the financial fair play rules? 

They threatened to tie UEFA up in court for 10 years. It doesn't take a genius to figure out what would happen to media organisations if they misplace a comma.

The most prominent dissenters in the media all seem to be based outside the UK which says it all.

2 minutes ago, 1892-LFCWasBorn said:

ANFIELD-LFC @dondarius471 13h13 hours ago

MARCA: Pep has spent €1.308 BILLION in 11 seasons as manager on 59 different players.

€341.5m at Barça

€204.1m at Bayern

€762.3m at Man City

€77.6m on goalkeepers

€513.1m on defenders

€326.6m on midfielders

€385.5m on forwards

€305.5m in one season alone (2016/17)

Genius.

4 hours ago, 1892-LFCWasBorn said:

ANFIELD-LFC @dondarius471 13h13 hours ago

MARCA: Pep has spent €1.308 BILLION in 11 seasons as manager on 59 different players.

€341.5m at Barça

€204.1m at Bayern

€762.3m at Man City

€77.6m on goalkeepers

€513.1m on defenders

€326.6m on midfielders

€385.5m on forwards

€305.5m in one season alone (2016/17)

And without Messi, the tramp wouldn't have any European cups. All that money for winning the league in countries where they teams he was with win the league 75% of the time anyway! 

Starting to get a good feeling about this season and it's more to do with them than us.

Guariola is starting to morph in Mourinho, his press conferences seem dour and he's just constantly seems to be bemoaning his luck, injuries, not being able to afford players (?!).

I thought it was some kind of amateur Ferguson act but I'm starting to think he's coming apart a bit. Dunno why, maybe constantly having your achievements undermined with the 'yeah but money' fucks you up after a while.

The owner desperately wants the CL trophy as the major status symbol, and he’s paid a lot of money to Guardiola and for players Guardiola wants, to get it. So far, Guardiola has failed to deliver. I reckon he’s under pressure behind the scenes.

• Upvote 1

16 hours ago, Istvan Kosma said:

I don't see a great deal of difference between how City are run and the way the old Soviet Bloc State and Military football teams were run,obviously there is stupidly more amounts of money now but the principle looks very much the same. Those Soviet bloc teams are much maligned (rightly so,of course) and it was state sanctioned cheating. I see a lot of the same skullduggery going on with City.

2 hours ago, Anubis said:

The owner desperately wants the CL trophy as the major status symbol, and he’s paid a lot of money to Guardiola and for players Guardiola wants, to get it. So far, Guardiola has failed to deliver. I reckon he’s under pressure behind the scenes.

Spot on especially with the ffp investigation looming over them they might be running out of chances .

Not a cat in hells chance that Guardiola stays around if there is no European football to compete in