You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Man City - the new bitters?

Naz17

He'll go to Juventus at some point. And probably PSG to complete his European tour and I disagree with folks who think City won't be punished.

However I can't see him leaving now unless he really is jumping ship.

3 hours ago, 16613 said:

If true, he probably knows that there’s a shit fest coming, champions league ban and possible transfer ban. Get out while some people think what’s been achieved is legitimate. Jumping ship while they’re under some bans would look bad, plus he might have to do some work.

All I’ve heard for years about our success in the 70s and 80s is that it wasn’t a level playing field, we had money others didn’t have. Even though that money came from the success.

Fast forward to today and you have a former yo-yo team that literally bought success with money and people want them to win over real football teams. Fuck them, I hope he goes and that someone I respect doesn’t go there. 

City spent a million pound on a player well before us, the big spending hypocrites.

They bought Steve Daley in 79 for more than we paid for Dalglish, Hansen and Souness. 

• Upvote 3

14 minutes ago, VERBAL DIARRHEA said:

City spent a million pound on a player well before us, the big spending hypocrites.

They bought Steve Daley in 79 for more than we paid for Dalglish, Hansen and Souness. 

Yeah and in the 60s and 70s they tended to buy big if I remember. They always seemed a woefully managed club who tended to throw money at a problem, while clubs like Arsenal brought through Brady, O'Leary and Stapleton, Forest and Derby built teams up from the ground (taylor and clough to be fair) and we bought shrewdly with the likes of Keegan or Hansen. 

3 minutes ago, Ronnie Whelan said:

Yeah and in the 60s and 70s they tended to buy big if I remember. They always seemed a woefully managed club who tended to throw money at a problem, while clubs like Arsenal brought through Brady, O'Leary and Stapleton, Forest and Derby built teams up from the ground (taylor and clough to be fair) and we bought shrewdly with the likes of Keegan or Hansen. 

Everyone had a soft spot for them out of pity, loveable losers if you will. Peter Swales couldn’t get his end away in a Knocking Shop with a £50 note sticking out of his ear.

34 minutes ago, Ronnie Whelan said:

In March 1972, Rodney Marsh was signed for Man City by Malcolm Allison for a club record £200,000.  City were four points clear at the top of the table when Marsh was signed, but by the end of that season they had slipped to fourth.  Many pundits criticised the signing, pointing out that Marsh was a maverick player ill-suited to Allison's well-drilled set-up.

13 hours ago, rb14 said:

Hah. "shorter jrnys" is a tautology, so the joke is absolutely on them. 

Not a tautology (saying the same thing) but an impossibility. Unless you use a short cut through another dimension, the journey will be the same distance.