You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Man City - the new bitters?

Naz17

Guest Bunk
6 minutes ago, Jarvinja Ilnow said:

doesn't read like he's advocating stabbing to me; just that the bile victim's families have to experience might make a less sane person lose it. Troy's quite capable of explaining/ defending himself, though.

It does to me. Stating that he'd go on a stabbing spree is horrible, even in jest, makes no sense to me. That is just as bile.

11 minutes ago, Jennings said:

Reading this thread, I think we're the new bitters.

Not sure I agree. 

There's bigger things at play than being envious at them winning things. Or even them winning things just ahead of us. It's potentially the future of our domestic game. It's slowly but surely going down the route of Ligue 1, the Bundesliga and Serie A. You'll get the odd close challenge, but it'll invariably be one team winning the league and you'll know that that'll be the outcome before a ball is kicked. 

I'm not bitter for not wanting some mega rich blokes coming in and sucking the joy and drama out of a game we've loved for years. 

I've seen a few City fans on social media saying "you'd love it if it was your club." And, you know what? They are massively wrong. I'd hate it. Being the team responsible for potentially killing off the English game. Fuck that. 

6 minutes ago, Ginny said:

Ffs if these cunts make a couple of signings in the summer it’s game over. I guess this is the result of a few years of financial doping. 

I remember when they pipped Spurs (I think) to get into the Champions League for the first time. I had a fear that the huge wedge they had, plus their new ability to attract the top talent through that money and the pull of CL football, could be the start of a period of domination for them. 

1 minute ago, The Guest said:

We aren’t going to get near them.  It’s never felt like this before.  The league is sewn up and this season isn’t even over.

We were 1 point off them this season. And we're in the CL final.

I'd say that's pretty near.

45 minutes ago, Bunk said:

You want to stab people to compensate for other peoples loss, because? I can't get my head round that logic. 

Not what I said. I said that if I was related to someone who had lost someone at Hillsbrough and people had been laughing for 30 years it would tip me over the edge.

18 minutes ago, an tha said:

https://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/fans-spot-something-strange-man-16166133

These cunts can literally do what they want!

Refuse to wear FA cup patch and add additional push to own sponsor versus comp sponsor.

They'll probably magic up a contract to say that that change of sponsorship was part of a new £1bn commercial deal. 

9 minutes ago, Seasons said:

We were 1 point off them this season. And we're in the CL final.

I'd say that's pretty near.

The vast majority of their games were complete walkovers.  They lost some games where they were all over the opposition.  They’ve had their luck obviously but it’s usually been after onslaughts or early in a game when really they would have scored further in the game anyway.  We’ve had countless things go our way and I don’t mean in how the media portray Salah’s penalties etc.  I mean things like Pickford and Lloris.  Really late on in games.  Also our forwards have largely been injury free.  These things happen for every club every few seasons but I really doubt it will happen again next season.

I think we’ve got a better first 11 than them and that’s why we’ve come so close but we can’t have £90m back up players coming and warming the bench.  We can’t compete with their squad quality and I think this year will be as close as we ever get to them.

8 minutes ago, The Guest said:

The vast majority of their games were complete walkovers.  They lost some games where they were all over the opposition.  They’ve had their luck obviously but it’s usually been after onslaughts or early in a game when really they would have scored further in the game anyway.  We’ve had countless things go our way and I don’t mean in how the media portray Salah’s penalties etc.  I mean things like Pickford and Lloris.  Really late on in games.  Also our forwards have largely been injury free.  These things happen for every club every few seasons but I really doubt it will happen again next season.

I think we’ve got a better first 11 than them and that’s why we’ve come so close but we can’t have £90m back up players coming and warming the bench.  We can’t compete with their squad quality and I think this year will be as close as we ever get to them.

Yep. They lost 4 and we only lost 1, but that will prove to be an aberration. They dominate teams and grind them into submission. The way they are constructed and play they will get 95 points minimum every season until their players get tired of Guardiola's insanity and then he'll leave, but that won't be before next summer at the earliest.

We're a great side, but we have to work a lot harder than they do to win and need more luck. Their success just seems more sustainable than ours. I don't think there's any way we get 97 points again. Around 90 is our level. 

Guest Bunk
14 minutes ago, Doctor Troy said:

Not what I said. I said that if I was related to someone who had lost someone at Hillsbrough and people had been laughing for 30 years it would tip me over the edge.

You originally said that that you'd go on a stabbing spree. That is, even by internet standards shitty  

Guest Bunk
4 minutes ago, Doctor Troy said:

Read what I said again. No one else has twisted it on here. Don't know why you are. 

Going on a stabbing spree were your words, not mine. 

You've got to give credit where it's due. A couple of years ago people were saying that Sterling had no end product. Bernardo Silva was the 3rd or 4th best player in the Monaco team. Nobody had heard of Ederson before he arrived. Laporte was seen as a player that stagnated after early promise. Sane had only played one season of professional football. Pep's made some fantastic signings. And he'll do it again this summer with the likes of Joao Felix.

He's created a team greater than the sum of it's parts, and to be honest, there's a lot of pretty exceptional parts.