You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Man City - the new bitters?

Naz17

He is indeed. Although I think he’s wrong about the ‘always the victim chant’ requiring an explanation given how much it was aired in the local press of both Liverpool and Manchester, and also the national media when United fans started it up a couple of years ago.

8 minutes ago, Anubis said:

He is indeed. Although I think he’s wrong about the ‘always the victim chant’ requiring an explanation given how much it was aired in the local press of both Liverpool and Manchester, and also the national media when United fans started it up a couple of years ago.

Yeah, but some people (even Guardian readers these days) are as thick as mince and need things explaining to them.

His other new piece on Hillsborough and Sheffield Wednesday is outstanding.

• Upvote 1

7 hours ago, johnsusername said:

Interesting to see if Guardiola says anything about it. He really should be dragging his players and staff over the coals for this. But I guess it all depends how much he doffs his cap to his pay masters. 

Well he abandons his deeply held beliefs about freedom of people’s and land for his overlords, so I’m not sure the sponge guy singing a song is going to really register on his moral-o-meter.

Weird, spurge, bald hypocrite.

• Upvote 2

8 hours ago, johnsusername said:

Interesting to see if Guardiola says anything about it. He really should be dragging his players and staff over the coals for this. But I guess it all depends how much he doffs his cap to his pay masters. 

Nah no chance. Imagine this is all par for the course in Spain anyway.

A few others have alluded to it, but the fact that we're the only club actually competing with them will make it more difficult for any real campaign of pressure from other Premier League clubs. Manchester United, Chelsea and Arsenal won't get near us or them them next season. After a decent start, Spurs won't either. This issue doesn't actually affect them, and their fans are happier seeing City win a few more hollow titles than us getting back on their perch.

I probably felt the same myself with some of Chelsea's titles and Manchester City's in 2012 when we were nowhere near figuring in the race - better them than Manchester United.

There's a bitter irony in there possibly being a European sanction, given that they'd probably bottle the thing next season again once they get to the quarter finals.

• Upvote 2

12 minutes ago, clangers said:

It's a sign that they are genuinely worried that this might happen. Bear in mind the timing most likely it would be for the 2020/21 season. Would Pep want to stick around at that point?

I think the see UEFA as a joke and just think they can do what they are used to doing and that is walking all over anybody who gets in their way/buying whatever they want.

Their lawyers will be several classes above UEFA's too and would destroy them in court - the people behind that football club would see UEFA as absolutely nothing and that is why they have taken the stance they have.

I don’t get why they would have better lawyers than uefa.

we were owned by American billionaires - those who know a thing or two about litigation - and we managed to totally screw up our attempt to clear suarez’s name against just our shit FA.

If the Fa had given them a points deduction earlier in the season, then it would have made it magnificent. Us winning the league retrospectively would feel a bit hollow. 

Rightly or wrongly we were beaten by the better team this season. Their club, owners and clearly a lot of their players are a bunch of knobheads but they won the league by being a cracking side.

Still it would be funny as fuck I suppose.

They may get a points deduction next season though which could work out okay for us. Should UEFA give them a significant ban, then watch all these elite players fuck off.

• Upvote 2

13 minutes ago, Ronnie Whelan said:

If the Fa had given them a points deduction earlier in the season, then it would have made it magnificent. Us winning the league retrospectively would feel a bit hollow. 

Rightly or wrongly we were beaten by the better team this season. Their club, owners and clearly a lot of their players are a bunch of knobheads but they won the league by being a cracking side.

Still it would be funny as fuck I suppose.

They may get a points deduction next season though which could work out okay for us. Should UEFA give them a significant ban, then watch all these elite players fuck off.

I'm sure the lavish gifts their owners would be happy to give them would be enough to get them to stay.

The regime behind these have invested too much and are too imvolved to allow it to go belly up now and will throw as much as it takes, do whatever it takes to keep things on track.

Sadly the cheating bastards are going nowhere

They have continued cheating since they got caught cheating. Other foreseen sanctions have been met with, my Dad is loaded take me on and you’ll lose your house in court, because we can go to court forever and bankrupt you. I will also take your complete Game of Thrones Blu-ray set. And your Mum.

FIFA and UEFA are bent as fuck and UEFA are probably too scared that they will be exposed over something. City are the worse thing to ever hit football, well their overlords are. The sickening backing of them by other teams fans shows two things, they hate us, and they haven’t got a Scooby Doo. 

• Upvote 1

They are. As Dave pointed out in his Wolves match report, part of me hopes Man City batter Watford in the FA Cup final.

Maybe they win all the domestic trophies for the next 5 years. If they've got every available domestic trophy boxed off, then maybe someone will pipe up? Probably not though. As long as it's not those scousers.