You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Foxes 0 Sly Old Foxy Stoats 4 (Leicester Away 1/9/2018)

Bjornebye

Quite simple really, we have quality in areas they don’t, created better chances that we took, nullified them to one good shot and a goal from an error. Quality won.

This really.  Baring the cock up that should have been a foul Leicester never looked like scoring.

Football's a funny old game.  We've played some scintillating stuff under Klopp and rarely knocked up four league wins on the bounce & yet here we are four out of four with a superb defensive record, despite being in first game with most of our best players yet to find their feet.

Wasn't a great performance but one thing I did like was how we killed the game at times for the last 10 minutes by taking an age over throw ins and corners, players appearing to be the taker then dropping the ball for someone else, Keita going down and staying down .

Just little things that piss the opposition and fans off a bit like what every side that comes to Anfield does.

Football's a funny old game. We've played some scintillating stuff under Klopp and rarely knocked up four league wins on the bounce & yet here we are four out of four with a superb defensive record, despite being in first game with most of our best players yet to find their feet.

I heard that this is the first time in ages - at least since the Premier League started - that we've started with 4 straight wins.

SteveO says we've "been found out".

Leicester are a decent team who came away from the game having thought they played well but they didn't create a clear chance in the game aside from Alisson's error.  Defensively, we were totally comfortable both before and after that mistake.  I saw something earlier that said their only shot after they scored was a 30 yarder that was blocked so we always had them at arms length.

Going forward we were not so good but we still carved them open on a few occasions and were only some poor decision making away from not doing several times more.

The concern is that we will start dropping points eventually if the front three don't click back into gear but I expect them to and when they do we're going to be hard to stop.

I didn't notice many clear cut chances for Leicester,. Allisson's  brainfart aside he didn't have some sort of worldie to keep them out, A few routine saves and catches you would expect a good keeper to make. I think we saw out the game pretty well after it went 2-1, something we almost certainly would not have managed last season . Salah is not lo oking the player he was which is worrying but all in all a great start to the season and we will see how we fair against better teams very shortly, 

Not sure how anybody can claim Alisson was fouled,it was as clean a challenge as you will see. In fairness to him he almost saved it too. Completely unnecessary by him and it's he who is to blame and nobody else for the Leicester goal.

You're right. He pushed himself in the back.

Fuck sakes.

You're right. He pushed himself in the back.

Fuck sakes.

No he got tackled cleanly and not all physical contact is a foul,just like the Leicester goal. Alisson dived to try and get a foul to avoid his own fuck up and the ref,quite rightly,didn't give it. If he'd have stayed standing he'd probably have recovered and made a save.

Not sure how anybody can claim Alisson was fouled,it was as clean a challenge as you will see. In fairness to him he almost saved it too. Completely unnecessary by him and it's he who is to blame and nobody else for the Leicester goal.

I thoroughly agree with every bit of this post.

It was a fair challenge, there wasn’t much contact, and I don’t blame Allison for trying to buy a free kick as he knew we were in massive trouble so may as well, but it’s those being given as free kicks when a goalie or defender realise they’ve fucked up so throw themselves to the ground that really pisses me off.

It was a fair challenge

I want to check we are talking about the same thing. I’m talking about where the attacker pushed him in the back with both hands whilst tripping him up.

Look, there’s little point talking about this. The video is clear, the rules are clear, and there’s absolutely nothing in the world that could possibly change that, so I’ll not change my mind.

The people on the Anfield Wrap made a point that a "ball-playing keeper" like Alisson will most likely never get the benefit of the doubt in that situation even if he might have been fouled and I think that's probably accurate. If Ben Foster is getting shoved over while he's on the ball that's a whistle every time.

But even if it might have been a foul he knows he shouldn't have been doing that and I think it's an aberration.

I want to check we are talking about the same thing. I’m talking about where the attacker pushed him in the back with both hands whilst tripping him up.

We’re talking about the same thing.

You’re probably right, but I prefer to see things as I want the game to be, rather than as they are.

Centre backs diving on the merest contact was the beginning of my declining love for the game. Goalkeepers doing it is just an extension of it.

I don’t want it being called, so I’m saying it’s not a foul.

So in essence, what I’m saying is, we’re both right.

The reality is that it wasn't a foul because referee didn't give it

Ah, that’s how it works is it. No need for VAR then.

Again,not all physical contact is a foul.

Nobody said all physical contact is a foul. Straw man. You can’t push somebody in the back with both hands whilst tripping them, that’s not changed by the fact that not all contact is a foul.

Again, I’ve seen it twenty time and the rules are clear. Unless reality changes, I’m not going to change my mind. You’re you, so you’ll not either. I suggest moving on.