You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Expectations 2018-2019

Oh Buoy

Think our three away games with west ham, united and everton will be very tough. We come through that with 7 points and that's great. Of the other away games, it's hard to see us dropping points. 

Home games wise Chelsea and Tottenham will be very dangerous. Maybe Wolves won't be easy but we should beat them with a bit to spare. The other home games we have only ourselves to blame if we don't win. 

Fair to say city won't many points. We need the red mancs to have something to play for when they play city, because we are the worse of two evils for them. Everton will give us a tough game but city will find them much easier. Would hope palace might do a job on them at their place but that's unlikely.

Of the remaining games that would be of concern i'm going with;

West Ham 1 Liverpool 2

Man U 2 Liverpool 1 (dreading playing these cunts)

Everton 0 Liverpool 1

Liverpool 1 Chelsea 1 

Liverpool 3 Tottenham 1. 

We should win all the rest of our games imo. 

21 hours ago, Bjornebye said:
# Team M. W. D. L. Goals Dif. Pt.
1 Liverpool FC Liverpool FC 38 31 6 1 92:20 72 99
2 Manchester City Manchester City 38 31 4 3 110:24 86 97
3 Chelsea FC Chelsea FC 38 26 8 4 81:32 49 86
4 Tottenham Hotspur Tottenham Hotspur 38 28 2 8 85:38 47 86
5 Arsenal FC Arsenal FC 38 22 9 7 77:44 33 75
6 Manchester United Manchester United 38 19 13 6 67:45 22 70
7 Leicester City Leicester City 38 15 9 14 50:46 4 54
8 West Ham United West Ham United 38 15 9 14 50:56 -6 54
9 Watford FC Watford FC 38 14 11 13 47:51 -4 53
10 Everton FC Everton FC 38 12 14 12 54:50 4 50
11 Wolverhampton Wanderers Wolverhampton Wanderers 38 12 10 16 39:53 -14 46
12 Crystal Palace Crystal Palace 38 11 8 19 40:55 -15 41
13 Southampton FC Southampton FC 38 9 13 16 45:60 -15 40
14 Newcastle United Newcastle United 38 8 12 18 30:52 -22 36
15 AFC Bournemouth AFC Bournemouth 38 9 9 20 43:71 -28 36
16 Brighton & Hove Albion Brighton & Hove Albion 38 8 10 20 36:66 -30 34
17 Fulham FC Fulham FC 38 5 13 20 32:76 -44 28
18 Burnley FC Burnley FC 38 6 9 23 30:71 -41 27
19 Cardiff City Cardiff City 38 5 7 26 24:71 -47 22
20 Huddersfield Town Huddersfield Town 38 2 8 28 16:67 -51 14

Subscribed. 

Anything can happen.

Who would have thought City would lose easily to Chelsea and then fall apart against Palace and Leicester?

They'll be under pressure to not do their usual European bottle job so that might distract from domestic fixtures too.

They'll also have a proper match against Chelsea or Spurs in the league cup final and hopefully a tough FA Cup draw after Burnley inevitably fail to show up in any way.

23 minutes ago, Aventus said:

Regardless of where we finish this season, I think we can all agree that we're going in the right direction, with the right manager, and the right players. 

#TenYearChallenge

FB_IMG_1547734610549.jpg

Screen-Shot-2019-01-16-at-14.41.29.png

Screen-Shot-2019-01-16-at-14.39.07.png

Seen a load of this ten year challenge bollocks on twitter. Anyway, 10 years ago:

9C23A99B-7F5E-4398-8D32-DD07C07CCF9F.jpeg

11 hours ago, Bjornebye said:

liverpoollineup_3081164b.jpg

What worries me about looking at this team - one that came up just short - is that although there are clearly 5 world class players in it, for me there are 3 players there that are glaringly short of the quality needed to win the league.  (The others were good enough quality to favourably tip the balance.)

I look at our 2018/19 vintage and wonder if it is a facsimile...

NO!  No, I'm wrong.  Tell me I am wrong...

I'm wrong.

4 hours ago, razor said:

What worries me about looking at this team - one that came up just short - is that although there are clearly 5 world class players in it, for me there are 3 players there that are glaringly short of the quality needed to win the league.  (The others were good enough quality to favourably tip the balance.)

I look at our 2018/19 vintage and wonder if it is a facsimile...

NO!  No, I'm wrong.  Tell me I am wrong...

I'm wrong.

Al, robbo, virg, mane, bobby, fabinho and mo definitely good enough to be in a title winning team. Gini, joe gomez, trent, matip and shaq too imo. Milner is getting on but yes. Think that's a very decent spine we have. Hendo is a bench/squad player in most title winning teams imo.

40 minutes ago, suzy said:

I see Danny Murphy has gone through our remaining games and City’s and predicted results. 

At the end he has us winning the league by 1 point!! However he’s got City drawing at Everton!! 

The only thing is city could be very tired by the time they play the blueshite. Still would fancy them to win with a bit to spare.

I think the united games for both of us could be the really decisive one. We need united to have something to play for against them. If not, i think for shits and giggles at us, i could see them throwing in the towel against them. Chelsea will take points off one if not both of us i reckon.

27 minutes ago, Ronnie Whelan said:

The only thing is city could be very tired by the time they play the blueshite. Still would fancy them to win with a bit to spare.

I think the united games for both of us could be the really decisive one. We need united to have something to play for against them. If not, i think for shits and giggles at us, i could see them throwing in the towel against them. Chelsea will take points off one if not both of us i reckon.

Agree with that, really hope Ole has them fired up for City but he hates us so you just don't know. Glad we have Chelsea and Spurs at home. It's going to be nerve wracking that's for sure!

1 hour ago, suzy said:

I see Danny Murphy has gone through our remaining games and City’s and predicted results. 

At the end he has us winning the league by 1 point!! However he’s got City drawing at Everton!! 

Did he manage to complete a sentence without using the word "intensity"?

Danny "Intensity" Murphy. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, suzy said:

Agree with that, really hope Ole has them fired up for City but he hates us so you just don't know. Glad we have Chelsea and Spurs at home. It's going to be nerve wracking that's for sure!

I'd have to say i would agree with a lot of Murphy's predictions. Just saw that city play everton on the 6th feb. Sandwiched between arsenal and chelsea. Big week for city. If they come through it, big shot in the arm. My hope is that they will be wrecked when they play chelsea.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...
On 24/11/2018 at 18:47, AngryofTuebrook said:

I like to wait until a third of the season has passed before trying to guess what we might achieve.

I'll now predict that we'll get an impressive points total and finish second, then our fans will get antsy and turn on Klopp, a player or two will move on and the wheels will fall off next season, leading to Klopp being sacked. (Basically, a rerun of what happened to Houllier, Benitez and Rodgers.)

I intend to enjoy this season for what it is, while it lasts.

I was right about the points total and finishing second  (and enjoying the season). I never even thought we could win the biggest prize of all.

I was flat wrong about antsy fans and somehow I don't see the wheels coming off.