You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Premier League Round Up (Aug 25-27 2018)

tlw content

mourinho_respect.jpg

Mourinho’s Mancs continue to hog the headlines but I’ll save all that until the end and start with the other under-performing ‘big six’ club, Arsenal, who were looking to get themselves off the mark this weekend with a home game against hapless West Ham. 

In the situation they were in, Arsenal couldn’t have wished for better opponents. I’m fairly sure West Ham will be safe enough in the long run but now is a great time to be playing them while they get used to Pellegrini’s style and their new signings bed in. Arsenal couldn’t possibly lose this game, right? Well they sure as hell tried. 

West Ham started much better and deservedly led through Arnautovic. Monreal levelled when he collected a cross from fellow full back Bellerin and blasted it into the roof of the net, but it didn’t settle them down and Snodgrass blew a great opportunity after strolling unopposed through the Arsenal backline. Wasn’t he my boy once? I know it’s hard to keep track, but I think he was. He’s a much better player than he’s given credit for I think, but joining West Ham really set his career back. 

Arnautovic also wasted a fantastic opportunity to restore West Ham’s lead and Arsenal took full advantage of those let offs, although their goal was a total fluke as Lacazette’s cross struck Diop and flew past Fabianski. The Hammers blew another glorious chance when the lively Felipe Anderson ran past everyone and teed up Perez, but he made a complete hash of it. 

Is he that same Perez who completely flopped at Arsenal? *googles* Yep, the very same. Arsenal fans won’t have been worried when he went clean through as they’ve seen that countless times and know it ends in disappointment. Mind you, the sun even shines on a dog’s arse sometimes, as shown when Danny Welcrap came on and scored deep into stoppage time, so you can never be too sure. 

The Gunners are a fucking shambles defensively but in fairness to them they’ve created loads of chances in every game so far (unlike United) and there doesn’t look to be too much wrong with them going forward. Certainly now that they’ve ditched that waster Ozil anyway. The official line was that he missed the game because he had “a cold” but it seems like common knowledge that he had a bust up with Emery. No-one misses games with a cold for fucks sake. 

I’ve got an irrational hatred of Ozil. He winds me right up, the fucking waster. He’s been swerving Yogi Low’s texts and calls since retiring from Germany. So it was Low’s fault that he’s been shit since the 2010 World Cup? Arsene Wenger couldn’t get anything out of him on a consistent basis either, and now Emery is struggling too. You know something, Mesut, maybe it’s not them? Maybe it’s you, you fucking lazy, flaky bastard. Arsenal are the biggest mugs in Europe for giving him that contract. 

This is just a teaser, click here to view the article

Please note that PL Round Ups are only available to website subscribers. Subscriptions cost just £2 a month (you need to register first) and can be purchased here. If you are not currently registered on the site, sign up for free and receive a FREE no obligation trial subscription, which gives you access to all the members only content for ONE MONTH.

Very good. Properly pissed myself at two lines: “Cleatus the Slack Jawed Yokel” and “Wasn’t he my boy once? I know it’s hard to keep track, but I think he was.” on Snodgrass. Great read. Pull your finger out on the diary though, Mr Finally Done A Full Week’s Work.

• Upvote 3