You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Minor things which stress you out

Section_31

On 9/2/2018 at 7:14 PM, Section_31 said:
On 9/2/2018 at 12:08 PM, aRdja said:

Owing money. Fucking hate it.

I'm more stressed by people owing me money. Especially friends who 'forget'.

And then getting stressed about how to ask them again for it

35 minutes ago, Dr Nowt said:

Going a penny over the round amount you were filling the car up to.

What would happen if you had £30 in cash only, no other means to pay and went a penny over? 

11 minutes ago, Seasons said:

I've never understood why petrol stations don't have monetary measurements - most people aim for either: Full tank or an estimate such as £30/40/50. You can always spot the bellend who went over by a 1p and lost the "got it bang on" game. 

I bet your the kind of guy who shouts "would have been 50 points that" after swerving and old biddy. 

1 hour ago, Elite said:

Since I started paying with card it's no issue at all. Cash though is a different story.

And somehow very annoying to go a penny over £30 knowing that you're going to have to put your card into the card reader and actually type your PIN into the machine instead of making a contactless payment 

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, Seasons said:

I've never understood why petrol stations don't have monetary measurements - most people aim for either: Full tank or an estimate such as £30/40/50. You can always spot the bellend who went over by a 1p and lost the "got it bang on" game. 

Can you not put in a monetary figure and have the petrol just stop when it reaches it on the pumps over there? We have that here, I just took it for granted that it would be the same anywhere. 

11 hours ago, Dr Nowt said:

Going a penny over the round amount you were filling the car up to.

Posted this before. 

I used to love winding Carly up whenever we got fuel. I’d do the fuel and send her into pay. Then I’d put 5 or 10 pence extra in knowing she’d gone into pay with the correct money. 

After a couple of months of this, we pulled into the garage and she started having a go at me telling me what a childish prick I was and if I ever did it again she’d dump me and and never speak to me ever again because I was such a twat. 

“I promise I won’t love, it is childish and I did take it too far, I’m sorry. I promise I won’t put in too much fuel”! 

I sent her in with £20 and only put in £19.50. I then sat in the car and watched her hand over £20 and turn around and start to walk away only to be called back for her change. 

I thought I was going to die, I couldn’t breathe I was laughing so much. Carly came out and went fucking apeshit which just set me off even more. 

7 hours ago, General Dryness said:

Can you not put in a monetary figure and have the petrol just stop when it reaches it on the pumps over there? We have that here, I just took it for granted that it would be the same anywhere. 

I’m pretty sure you can. We pulled in for petrol while we were away recently. Mr C had put the petrol in and as I went to pay I noticed on the pump that it looked like there was an option to pay at the pump with you selecting the amount you wanted to put in. I don’t remember seeing it before

4 minutes ago, Champ said:

I’m pretty sure you can. We pulled in for petrol while we were away recently. Mr C had put the petrol in and as I went to pay I noticed on the pump that it looked like there was an option to pay at the pump with you selecting the amount you wanted to put in. I don’t remember seeing it before

At our Asda you key in your card details and it gives you a maximum credit of £99.