You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Minor things which stress you out

Section_31

Walking into a restaurant without a reservation, I don’t know what it is but I feel hugely embarrassed if they say its full and I have to turn round and walk back out. I usually pretend to tie my lace outside and let others go in first.

When you see someone at the start of your food shop, you chat for a minute and then spend the rest of the time avoiding them in all the other aisles.

Never mind Vietnam, that's true fucking stress that.

I'm sweating just thinking about it.

This fucks me off enormously on the train. Got a train a few weeks ago and basically our seats didn´t exist. Ticket fella just says sit wherever it doesn´t matter. So obviously I spend the rest of the two hour journey waiting for someone to turn up and say that we´re in their seats.

I always have a reserved seat on the train, but when someone leans over to look at the tiny seat number, I'm 100% sure I'm going to be forced to move and look like an asshole in front of everybody.

It never, ever, happens, but I'm always convinced it will.

• Upvote 1

People having their bank cards/driver's license in their iPhone case, and having it sticking it of their back pocket.

Similarly, folks being on public transport and being on the phone to their bank, hospital etc giving everybody in ear shot all their private information.

Keeping a taxi waiting as her indoors is still fucking about.

Brings about stress, I assume, akin to being a political prisoner in Japan in the earlier part of the 20th century.

Absolutely.

Even when you order a taxi for a specific time, then the taxi driver arrives 5-10 minutes early, I feel obliged to come out early.

• Upvote 1

When your being a nosy prick on Facebook then accidentally add someone as a friend.

Worse when you're browsing through some fit bird's photos and you accidentally like a pic of her from 5 years ago so it lets her know what you've been up to

• 2 weeks later...
4 hours ago, The Woolster said:

Being the fucking tooth fairy...

Load of aborted attempts as it was under him somewhere, set alarm to try again, tried to open the door and he would stir, didn't want to risk it, same again every 15 or so minutes for over an hour. Finally got it.

Now i prob won't get back to sleep cos of the stress hormones

More important, how much did you give? 

Also, from your home CCTV...

396c7646a8fb0afabb299028517b386d.jpg