You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Minor things which stress you out

Section_31

That week or two after getting paid, when all your direct debits come off. Christ knows why but it stresses me out, I like to get to the 10th of the month so I can see exactly how much money I have to do me 'til payday.

Do them through a separate account. Lump sum transferred on the 1st of the month. Bob’s your uncle

Seeing those charity fundraisers (chuggers?) in the middle of the street you’re walking down and trying to figure out a way of getting past them without being accosted.

If you're too polite to just walk past them as if they weren't there, then pretending to have a telephone conversation must be a good tactic.

Seeing those charity fundraisers (chuggers?) in the middle of the street you’re walking down and trying to figure out a way of getting past them without being accosted.

I got quite fed up with some of the tactics some of them used that I read the code of conduct they are supposed to adhere to. I could find it and put it here but one of the biggest gripes I had was sometimes they would go out of their way to get to you. They are supposed to stand in a fixed position and only approach someone if they appear to be showing an interest. Like fuck they do that. I showed one of them the document and they went back to where they came from. (This last part may or may not be true).

I got quite fed up with some of the tactics some of them used that I read the code of conduct they are supposed to adhere to. I could find it and put it here but one of the biggest gripes I had was sometimes they would go out of their way to get to you. They are supposed to stand in a fixed position and only approach someone if they appear to be showing an interest. Like fuck they do that. I showed one of them the document and they went back to where they came from. (This last part may or may not be true).

This is right, I often man stands doing some sort of charity thing and we're not allowed to stand in the pathway accosting people. If they give eye contact and look interested then we can go up to them. To be fair I usually loiter round the back having a coffee and a fag and leave that to others

People ahead of you in a queue who decide to start having an in depth conversation with the person serving them.

Happens a lot when I go on holiday as some nationalities seem oblivious to other people being in a rush.

Also happens a lot when I am buying train tickets and the people in front of me have no concept of other people just wanting to buy a ticket and go rather than discussing the theory of existentialism by Jean Paul Sarte.

I would also get stressed out whenever I would attend any social event when my parents would be present as my Mum is a total embarrassment. I would be gearing myself up for the worst that would happen. Her main area of expertise would be asking waiters/waitresses stupid questions, deliberately getting people's names wrong, pretending to be skint whilst being loaded and just generally never being able to relax.

• Upvote 1

Sage like advice of the day...

They are not legally allowed to talk to you unless it's you who engages them and also they are not allowed to take three steps in 'pursuit' of you, so a quick and affirmative palm up should do the trick. If they try any further they can and should be fined to fuck.

You can now stroll down that mo'fuckin highstreet in the knowledge that you know the fucking law, you diamond you!

Sage like advice of the day...

They are not legally allowed to talk to you unless it's you who engages them and also they are not allowed to take three steps in 'pursuit' of you, so a quick and affirmative palm up should do the trick. If they try any further they can and should be fined to fuck.

You can now stroll down that mo'fuckin highstreet in the knowledge that you know the fucking law, you diamond you!

Just ask them how much their CEO gets paid. The'll soon fuck off.