You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Kids , a constant worry

elvis

They do say you never stop worrying about your kids , and i worry like fuck - continually 

My 14 yr old daughter took a voluntary ecg to do with a local charity and was called back because of a slight abnormality in her reading , we followed up with a peadiatrician who had a a cardiologist from alder hey working next door  - she showed him the ecg and he wants to see her next month .

She has suffered a few palpitation like symptoms , which is i think why they want to investigate further , i am shitting bricks now , has anyone else experienced this with their kids ?

They do say you never stop worrying about your kids , and i worry like fuck - continually

My daughter is five and even now every night after I’ve brushed my teeth before bed I go into her bedroom and just rest my hand on her back to make sure she’s breathing.

I’m sure your girl is fine mate. If they were really concerned they’d have asked you to go back much sooner.

• Upvote 2

My daughter is five and even now every night after I’ve brushed my teeth before bed I go into her bedroom and just rest my hand on her back to make sure she’s breathing.

I’m sure your girl is fine mate. If they were really concerned they’d have asked you to go back much sooner.

I know that drill mate , over sensitivity is a real burden .

I know what you're saying and i try to rationalise these things as best as i can but im absolutely shit at it to be honest .  

• Upvote 1

My 8yo daughter has a chest infection in both lungs, and we're at the end of the 3rd course of antibiotics and they haven't fucking touched it.

She keeps asking me why the medicine isn't working and I'm trying to explain that sometimes they need to try different types to see what works for her type of infection.

I'm trying to keep it cool in front of her by my anxiety is turned up to 11. I just want her to be better. I dont, for the life of me, understand how the fuck 3 seperate antibiotics don't work.

My 8yo daughter has a chest infection in both lungs, and we're at the end of the 3rd course of antibiotics and they haven't fucking touched it.

She keeps asking me why the medicine isn't working and I'm trying to explain that sometimes they need to try different types to see what works for her type of infection.

I'm trying to keep it cool in front of her by my anxiety is turned up to 11. I just want her to be better. I dont, for the life of me, understand how the fuck 3 seperate antibiotics don't work.

so many infections and so many antibiotics , hope she picks up soon mate - she will 

My 14 yr old daughter took a voluntary ecg to do with a local charity and was called back because of a slight abnormality in her reading , we followed up with a peadiatrician who had a a cardiologist from alder hey working next door - she showed him the ecg and he wants to see her next month .

She has suffered a few palpitation like symptoms , which is i think why they want to investigate further , i am shitting bricks now , has anyone else experienced this with their kids ?

Hope it's just a precaution mate. Heartbreaking worrying about them. It sounds so cliche but I'd rather take any illness my daughter has myself. Tears me to pieces seeing her unwell.

• Upvote 1

Sentimental twat.

I stick Skids Jr’s left hand in a cup of water so he pisses himself.

• Upvote 3

Every age your child gets to you keep getting told that the next age will be less stressful - ' Ooh don't worry about the terrible twos it's much better when they get to school ' but it never quite pans out that way.

Looking back it's half the fun though & you wouldn't be human if you didn't worry about them ( I still worry a bit when my 28 year old daughter is doing a long-distance drive )

Every age your child gets to you keep getting told that the next age will be less stressful - ' Ooh don't worry about the terrible twos it's much better when they get to school ' but it never quite pans out that way.

Looking back it's half the fun though & you wouldn't be human if you didn't worry about them ( I still worry a bit when my 28 year old daughter is doing a long-distance drive )

Don’t worry, she’s arrived fine.

• Upvote 1

I worry when my missus does a long range drive. But only when I’m in the passenger seat.

• Upvote 1

My kids think it’s hilarious when my mum tells me to drive carefully when I do a long drive. It will never end

Lazy selfish little fucking pricks. Especially 10 year old lazy greedy nosey cunts. And that fucking dance the kids keep doing the swingy arm thing is up there with beans on a fry up and the Holocaust in man's inhumanity to man. Fucking little shits.

I'm finding the opposite to be true; people falling over themselves to tell us about how much harder it gets when Yara gets a bit older. Even if it proves to be true, it gets fucking tedious, any danger of me enjoying my daughter without scaremongering please?

I'm finding the opposite to be true; people falling over themselves to tell us about how much harder it gets when Yara gets a bit older. Even if it proves to be true, it gets fucking tedious, any danger of me enjoying my daughter without scaremongering please?

Enjoy every stage Rem because none of them last long. I don’t know if it gets harder, but it gets different.

Maybe the stakes get higher but so do the highs. I love my grown up children

My 14 yr old daughter took a voluntary ecg to do with a local charity and was called back because of a slight abnormality in her reading , we followed up with a peadiatrician who had a a cardiologist from alder hey working next door - she showed him the ecg and he wants to see her next month .

Hope it’s nothing to worry about. I went to the docs with a few chest pains in April, thinking it was probably anxiety, I had a hospital appointment in 7 days so if they’re really worried you would be there sooner.

You really don’t stop worrying about them though, my lad is 28 and just moving in with his pregnant girlfriend. I worry how they’ll cope and if they have enough money but I’m sure they’ll get by, plenty of others do!

Lazy selfish little fucking pricks. Especially 10 year old lazy greedy nosey cunts. And that fucking dance the kids keep doing the swingy arm thing is up there with beans on a fry up and the Holocaust in man's inhumanity to man. Fucking little shits.

The only Dab that should be legal is the one you do the morning after a bender and curry blow out.

• Upvote 1