You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Self Defence at Work.

Aventus

Rough guide to management in corporates

Tier 1 will want to protect you or fuck you depending on his/her personal relationship with you, so long as it doesn’t fuck him/her with management

Tier 2 will take guidance from Tier 1 but mostly care about whether your presence contributes towards his bonus or not, and will not want Tier 3 involved

Tier 3 will not want to be involved, will definitely not want Tier 4 involved and will take minimum course of resistance regardless of your performance

Tier 4 will beat the shit out of Tier 3 if he/she has to spend more than 5 minutes on this case

Bearing that in mind, you want a pain-in-the-arse lawyer/union person on your side as soon as possible

Rough guide to management in corporates

Tier 1 will want to protect you or fuck you depending on his/her personal relationship with you, so long as it doesn’t fuck him/her with management

Tier 2 will take guidance from Tier 1 but mostly care about whether your presence contributes towards his bonus or not, and will not want Tier 3 involved

Tier 3 will not want to be involved, will definitely not want Tier 4 involved and will take minimum course of resistance regardless of your performance

Tier 4 will beat the shit out of Tier 3 if he/she has to spend more than 5 minutes on this case

Bearing that in mind, you want a pain-in-the-arse lawyer/union person on your side as soon as possible

Oh, so Tier 2 is a necessarily a man.is he? The fact you allowed Tier 4 to be either he or she won't save your. Sexist!

Summary of events: 

> Fella came in late

> Fella calls other fella out on being late. 

> Fella tells other fella to fuck off. 

> Fella got upset. 

> Fella grassed on everyone trying to extend the hour lunch they get. 

> Fella calls other fella a dickhead. 

> Fella punches fella. 

> Fella wrestles other fella to ground and sits on fella. 

> Fella's tea goes cold. 

> Fella asks for advice from TLW. 

I'd love to be in the disciplinary meeting. I'd keep you both on and make Fridays a throw down. 

• Upvote 1

Oh, so Tier 2 is a necessarily a man.is he? The fact you allowed Tier 4 to be either he or she won't save your. Sexist!

Tier 2 is gender fluid and chooses the male pronoun over the non-definitive as he doesn’t like being referred to as plural. Respect his rights to self-identify, you Trumpian bigot

• Upvote 2

Do not, under any circumstances, go to the meeting without representation.  Call in sick if you have to - you mentioned anxiety before, and something like this is a key trigger for it.  Call an employment lawyer ASAP as you're not in a union.

A lawyer will cost, and will not and can not represent you in any meetings. Acas can be called but will only offer advice and will more than likely(like the solicitor) say see your union. You can join the union and then you should get representation, but if you do not join, then they will kindly decline your wish for advice.

Sounds a total mess and both(sad to say) have enough involvement to be both sacked. Sorry to be the bearer and all that. 

My advice would be go in there very apologetic, admit the use of foul language, but it was more in the generalised(industrial) use, as a opposed to directional and confrontational. Tell them that that you never expected anything like this to escalate so quickly and so violently and you are shocked to the core that colleagues would resort to such violence.  You restrained him as you feared for yours and your colleagues welfare and safety. 

A lawyer will cost, and will not and can not represent you in any meetings. Acas can be called but will only offer advice and will more than likely(like the solicitor) say see your union. You can join the union and then you should get representation, but if you do not join, then they will kindly decline your wish for advice.

Sounds a total mess and both(sad to say) have enough involvement to be both sacked. Sorry to be the bearer and all that. 

My advice would be go in there very apologetic, admit the use of foul language, but it was more in the generalised(industrial) use, as a opposed to directional and confrontational. Tell them that that you never expected anything like this to escalate so quickly and so violently and you are shocked to the core that colleagues would resort to such violence.  You restrained him as you feared for yours and your colleagues welfare and safety.

What are you basing the first sentence on? Why can’t he have a lawyer present? Lawyer may cost but if it keeps his job then surely it’s worth it?

What are you basing the first sentence on? Why can’t he have a lawyer present? Lawyer may cost but if it keeps his job then surely it’s worth it?

There is no general right for legal representation at a disciplinary. The companies guide book will highlight that employees(in 99.9% of all companies) are allowed a colleauge, or union representation and a business has the right to refuse a legal representative to be present. 

As sad as it is to say, they are both on thin ice. Even if he goes on the sick, a company can still hold a disciplinary hearing in his absence. 

We can all thank the tory party for changing the employment laws and the labour party for enforcing them and the worst is, if the lad has been in employment with the business for less than two year, he would have to pay for a tribunal for unfair dismissal, which, reading the headline evidence, I'd advise that would be a waste of his time and money.

My advice, is weigh it all up and if they/he are worried about future roles/positions, resign now and start looking. Having said that, when companies communicate about previous rolls when moving to another company, most companies just give the basics and don't get too vindictive, though with a violence charge, they may raise that up to the future employer. If someone resigned now, the worst that they can mention is that the employee resigned pending a disciplinary and then he can soften the blow of what that means, with their future company.

• Upvote 1

I didn't get sacked.

No disciplinary action against me.

A small note saying try not to wind people up, to the point where they want to smash my head in in future. It happens again and it might start looking like I'm the problem.

65f7d5e6a3731b7245b1299d6c579a13.gif

• Upvote 3

I didn't get sacked.

No disciplinary action against me.

A small note saying try not to wind people up, to the point where they want to smash my head in in future. It happens again and it might start looking like I'm the problem.

65f7d5e6a3731b7245b1299d6c579a13.gif

This should be taken as a sign you are too valuable to the company and that your basically the ceo and can do and say what you want.

I fully expect a full Vince McMahon stroll though the front door on Monday

tumblr_n09qy0uwMJ1t1xc0so1_400.gif

Good news anyway

• Upvote 3

Aventus has handled him once, he'll do it again if needed

Our promoters are currently in negotiations over the purse for the rematch.

The actual punch didn't even leave a bruise, it's really weird that someone with pillow fists would be so eager to get into a scrap.