You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

January 2019 Transfer Thread

AngryOfTuebrook

Liverpool have held ‘positive’ talks with Adrien Rabiot’s representatives over a possible move next summer, a journalist has claimed.

Jurgen Klopp is understood be a long-term admirer of the 23-year-old, who has rejected all offers to renew his contract at the Ligue 1 club with the midfielder in the last year of his current deal.

He was linked heavily with a move to Spanish giants Barcelona over the summer but PSG rejected any approaches from other clubs for their star.

However, Rabiot will be able to talk to other sides in January about joining them next season, unless PSG can agree fresh terms.

Now, French football journalist Julien Laurens has claimed that Liverpool’s talks with Rabiot’s party have been ‘positive’.

“I think it was quite positive,” he said of Liverpool’s pursuit to The Anfield Wrap.

“I don’t think it’s the first time Rabiot’s men have talked with people from the club. The interest from Klopp is even pre-Liverpool and Liverpool, since Klopp have always been there.

“Perhaps not as much as now. At 23, he is an incredible talent, offers something differently to what they already have. I think there have been a lot of positives so far in those contacts.

“There is a long way ahead but, if you look at Naby Keita, they played a blinder in getting him in early. You can see similarities with Rabiot and they may get a pre-contract agreement.

“That would then allow him to move to Liverpool on a free in the summer. Or they may even try and sign him for cheaper from PSG in January.

“But if Klopp realises he doesn’t need another midfielder – because it’s a position where they have a lot of talented players – he may try and sign him for free the following summer.”

Marcus Rashford is reportedly hesitant to sign a new deal at Manchester United amid concerns over his future role at the club.

England forward Rashford has been in and out of the side at Manchester United under Jose Mourinho and has made just one Premier League start this season.

The 20-year-old started the opening game of the season against Leicester as a central striker, but he has been limited to two sub appearances – the second of which he saw himself sent off against Burnley on Sunday.

Rashford was last season played out wide on the left or the right, and Ian Wright recently urged him to consider leaving United in search of a better future.

Now, the Daily Mail claim that Rashford is currently stalling on a new United contract, with his current deal expiring in 2020.

Their report states that the new No.10 is worried about the fact that Romelu Lukaku, Jesse Lingard and Alexis Sanchez appear to be ahead of him in the pecking order.

Meanwhile, the Daily Express claims that Real Madrid and Liverpool are ‘in the mix’ to possibly sign Rashford should the situation deteriorate.

I keep seeing that Rashford and Martial would be class under any other manager. They may well be better but I've never seen anything from either to suggest they should be playing for a top team. Rashford is just a hit and hope merchant and Martial is Oussama Assaidi Mark II.

I keep seeing that Rashford and Martial would be class under any other manager. They may well be better but I've never seen anything from either to suggest they should be playing for a top team. Rashford is just a hit and hope merchant and Martial is Oussama Assaidi Mark II.

The only people who rate martial are our fans. Some love him more than Martin Tyler does

Martial and rashford are a waste of space and I don't understand why we would ever want players from them. What is the weird obsession with showing the mancs what they could do here. The mancs would be referred to and mentioned constantly throughout our games- vomit inducing.

Rabiot news is exciting,he is class.

Martial and rashford are a waste of space and I don't understand why we would ever want players from them. What is the weird obsession with showing the mancs what they could do here. The mancs would be referred to and mentioned constantly throughout our games- vomit inducing.

Rabiot news is exciting,he is class.

Rashford is boss. He would be the 2nd name on my team sheet after De Gea if I was the mancs boss.