Quantcast
January 2019 Transfer Thread - Page 71 - FF - Football Forum - The Liverpool Way Jump to content
AngryofTuebrook

January 2019 Transfer Thread

16 minutes ago, El Rojo said:

I can see why we're not bringing in a centre half right now - it's a very short term need. Unless it's a world class option like Alisson or VVD, it takes time for a player to get up to speed tactically with what we're doing. It could do more damage than good.

In the longer term, I'd like to see us in for Ake as somebody to compete with Gomez.

I also agree that we're more vulnerable at the other end if one of the front three gets injured, particularly on last night's evidence.

I can see adaption issue that for a midfielder or up top but a CB is a CB. A Decent player knows when to move and when to stay.

9 hours ago, 3 Stacks said:

We won't buy a CB but we really should. We have one fit first team CB. One! At least in the short term we're going to risk dropping points and losing first place. 

Yeah but it's Virgil Van Dijk. He's got this. 

United were winning titles with Carrick running around in centre defence. If Van Dijk stays fit we'll be OK. If he doesn't.. We wouldn't anyway. Letting Clyne go though seems bizarre.

49 minutes ago, AngryofTuebrook said:

There's the rub. Gomez and Matip (and Lovren and Phillips?) would likely be match-ready before any incoming CB.

We need him for two games. I mean if he can keep a good line and win a tackle, i’d take that. 

1 hour ago, El Rojo said:

In the longer term, I'd like to see us in for Ake as somebody to compete with Gomez.

I like your thinking.....with our purple away kit!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, AngryofTuebrook said:

This.

The really scary lack of cover is at left-back, where we have an ageing right-footed midfielder and a shit-flinging chimp as cover for Robbo.

Blatantly.

The whole point of insurance is that it’s better to have and not need than need and not have; you’re actively hoping not to use it but it’s there to cover your arse. Clyne was decent insurance during a season when we’re trying to get a virtual 30 year monkey off our back.

What reward do we get for cashing in the policy? Who gives a fuck if he stays here for six more months not playing, which supporter will be devastated about that wage loss?

Which supporter won’t give a fuck if Trent and Robbo both get injured at the same time and that fucking moron ends up playing left-back in crunch title-deciders? 

Obviously those of us who think the above haven’t been looking at the teamsheet for the past couple of years and must think Clyne has been a squad regular. There can’t be any other explanation for seeing the potential for this to bite us than believing him to have been an integral part of the first team because we’ve not paid attention. 

• Upvote 1

I tell you who'd be a good signing... Daley Blind. Can cover left back and centre back. Knows Van Dijk well. Not too old. Very underrated player.

Being linked with Bruno Fernandes from Sporting. Isn’t that where Camacho is going on loan? Anybody able to give a scouting report?

2 minutes ago, Anubis said:

Being linked with Bruno Fernandes from Sporting. Isn’t that where Camacho is going on loan? Anybody able to give a scouting report?

Real agile player but can’t jump.

6780249E-E605-466F-AE5D-1E68175A0AF8.png

8 minutes ago, johnsusername said:

Clyne should have been told to sit tight until the summer. I still can't believe we let him go.

What happens for the Bayern Munich game when VVD is suspended? 

Trent Gomez Lovren/Matip Robertson

9 minutes ago, johnsusername said:

Clyne should have been told to sit tight until the summer. I still can't believe we let him go.

What happens for the Bayern Munich game when VVD is suspended? 

He doesn't play?

It's in six weeks time. Hopefully other 3 CBs will all be fit.

"Right, this is how we do corner kicks here -- see that first man there??

Blast it straight at his head - should go out for a throw. Now go talk to the throw in coach."

• Upvote 4

5 hours ago, Dr Nowt said:

Blatantly.

The whole point of insurance is that it’s better to have and not need than need and not have; you’re actively hoping not to use it but it’s there to cover your arse. Clyne was decent insurance during a season when we’re trying to get a virtual 30 year monkey off our back.

What reward do we get for cashing in the policy? Who gives a fuck if he stays here for six more months not playing, which supporter will be devastated about that wage loss?

Which supporter won’t give a fuck if Trent and Robbo both get injured at the same time and that fucking moron ends up playing left-back in crunch title-deciders? 

Obviously those of us who think the above haven’t been looking at the teamsheet for the past couple of years and must think Clyne has been a squad regular. There can’t be any other explanation for seeing the potential for this to bite us than believing him to have been an integral part of the first team because we’ve not paid attention. 

He wanted to leave, he’s played about 100 minutes in two years, Klopp sees his players as people, first. It’s not such a mystifying piece of business in that context.