Quantcast
January 2019 Transfer Thread - Page 28 - FF - Football Forum - The Liverpool Way Jump to content
PrivateParts

January 2019 Transfer Thread

42 minutes ago, Bjornebye said:

Not much chance we would get him, certainly not in January but Eriksens contract is up at the end of next season. He is only on 70k a week apparently as well. Maybe a possibility if Spurs miss out on the champions league. I'd love him here. 

We watched him for at least a full season at Ajax and then decided he wasn't good enough. Still freaks my nut out to this day. Our Eredivisie scouts are wank. 

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, cloggypop said:

We watched him for at least a full season at Ajax and then decided he wasn't good enough. Still freaks my nut out to this day. Our Eredivisie scouts are wank. 

Apart from the one who saw Suarez of course. 

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, Bjornebye said:

Apart from the one who saw Suarez of course. 

Anyone decent would have spotted him at Groningen. I did and I'm crap. Instead we bought Ryan Babel and I despaired. 

"Liverpool are not in the market for a young centre-forward as Klopp is excited about the potential of Dominic Solanke and Rhian Brewster" 

Why Liverpool aren't in the January transfer market for Luka Jovic

https://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/heres-liverpool-wont-moving-bundesliga-15439235

2 hours ago, cloggypop said:

Anyone decent would have spotted him at Groningen. I did and I'm crap. Instead we bought Ryan Babel and I despaired. 

What did you make of Luc Castaignos?

1 hour ago, Scrump said:

"Liverpool are not in the market for a young centre-forward as Klopp is excited about the potential of Dominic Solanke and Rhian Brewster" 

https://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/heres-liverpool-wont-moving-bundesliga-15439235

giphy.gif

12 hours ago, Scrump said:

That can't be right can it? A lad who's never played first team football and played about half a dozen games in 2 years and a lad who has played first team football and looks about as capable as me. Or the fella who's leading scorer in Germany. 

4 hours ago, Barry Wom said:

That can't be right can it? A lad who's never played first team football and played about half a dozen games in 2 years and a lad who has played first team football and looks about as capable as me. Or the fella who's leading scorer in Germany. 

To be fair to Klopp the standard in Germany at the moment isn’t very good. Reiss Nelson, a young winger temporarily playing as a striker for Hoffenheim, could barely get game for Arsenal last year, and is scoring for fun at the moment.

• Downvote 1

Solanke got both England U-21 goals in 2-1 win over Italy last week. He’d score for fun if he was loaned out to Celtic or Rangers. Utterly pointless keeping him stagnant here. 

47 minutes ago, El Rojo said:

Solanke got both England U-21 goals in 2-1 win over Italy last week. He’d score for fun if he was loaned out to Celtic or Rangers. Utterly pointless keeping him stagnant here. 

Good shout, this.

We should loan him to us and march onto the title.

• Downvote 1

10 minutes ago, Colt Seavers said:

Doesn't stop Real though, who are more than likely to be Mané or Salah's next clubs next summer.

4 hours ago, 3 Stacks said:

Glenn Murray would win the European Golden Boot if he played in Germany, obviously.

Clearly.

The Bundesliga is rubbish.

• Downvote 1

I think Jovic’s stats may be slightly skewed by scoring 5 goals in one game. Not saying he’s not good or great or whatever, but Klopp obviously has a lot of faith in Brewster and Solanke. I think that’s quite nice. A creative wide/forward player is a bigger priority, for me 

4 hours ago, moof said:

I think Jovic’s stats may be slightly skewed by scoring 5 goals in one game. Not saying he’s not good or great or whatever, but Klopp obviously has a lot of faith in Brewster and Solanke. I think that’s quite nice. A creative wide/forward player is a bigger priority, for me 

I think I agree with this.

I still can't quite figure what formation Klopp is trying to shape us for this season; last season's 4-3-3 seems not to work due to the lack of Coutinho and Ox in the midfield. So either we get Shaqiri and Keita to cover those roles or we switch to a 4-2-3-1, which is the option he's been playing with lately.

But in the process we seem to be seeing a lot more of Salah up front and Bobby dropping back a bit, which means that our real need is for another Mane/Salah-type, someone quick who gets goals from out wide. Or we get another Fekir-type and go back to Plan A.