You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

January 2019 Transfer Thread

AngryOfTuebrook

28 minutes ago, aRdja said:

Err....Isn't he playing AGAINST the best players by playing FOR a team like West Ham? 

Edit: reading the article, he doesn't want to move to play with or against the best players. His brother wants another pay day.

2 hours ago, Grinch said:

It's quite clear our budget went in the summer.  Only setting yourself up for disappointment expecting anything in the January window.  We should be more than good enough for top four anyway this season.

Yeah, we haven't signed anyone in months.  Fucking disgrace.

• Upvote 1

17 hours ago, Red74 said:

Send Matip to Fulham on loan with the offer of a permanent Transfer plus cash for sessegnon next summer. 

This might have been meant as a joke (I can't tell) but it's actually a really clever idea. Only issue is that it would be a pretty big risk to try to get through the spring without a 4th CB. Even so, if Fulham were interested (and they should be - Matip would be a huge upgrade for them and give them a chance of staying up) this would be a good deal for all parties.

5 minutes ago, Ne Moe Imya said:

This might have been meant as a joke (I can't tell) but it's actually a really clever idea. Only issue is that it would be a pretty big risk to try to get through the spring without a 4th CB. Even so, if Fulham were interested (and they should be - Matip would be a huge upgrade for them and give them a chance of staying up) this would be a good deal for all parties.

Where would Sessegnon play? 

4 hours ago, Ne Moe Imya said:

I saw an article yesterday linking Matip to Fenerbache which went on to say Fulham were also interested in him but I couldn’t find the bloody thing when I made my post.  

Sessegnon has got quality and would thrive here under klopp and IMO would be decent cover for robbo and manè 

On 11/15/2018 at 12:54 PM, Grinch said:

Sessegnon was pure shite at the weekend, first time I’ve ever seen him play I think.  Trent basically played as a winger all day with all the freedom in the world and no worries behind him.

Yeah, I don't get where the upside is supposed to be with him as an attacking player. He just looks like a kid who was better than everybody in the Championship but I don't see any standout ability there as far as becoming a world class attacker. To me he looks like a left back who will pop up with goals.