You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

January 2019 Transfer Thread

AngryOfTuebrook

LIVERPOOL MAKE FIRST SIGNING

Liverpool have reportedly sealed a deal for 16-year-old centre-back Billy Koumetio from US Orleans.

The highly-rated youngster had a successful trial with the Reds at the end of last year, with reports now suggesting he has signed a permanent deal for a nominal fee

42 minutes ago, Thoth said:

LIVERPOOL MAKE FIRST SIGNING

Liverpool have reportedly sealed a deal for 16-year-old centre-back Billy Koumetio from US Orleans.

The highly-rated youngster had a successful trial with the Reds at the end of last year, with reports now suggesting he has signed a permanent deal for a nominal fee

Gives Bournemouth a couple of seasons to get saving....

17 hours ago, 3 Stacks said:

He's had a bizarre season. At an age when he should be confirming that he's a future world class player, he's been absolutely terrible and plays less. I doubt Madrid will give up on him, but it's an interesting situation. That said, I agree that he'd be a better fit than Isco. 

Is it possible that you've got overexcited and overestimated the natural ability of one of your hot young studs?  Nah, that would never happen.

SPURS BID FOR RABIOT

Mundo Deportivo claim that Tottenham have made a £18m bid for PSG outcast Adrien Rabiot, who has told his current club that he will not sign a contract extension and wishes to leave.

However, ESPN reported just last month that Rabiot had labelled Spurs as ‘below’ a player of his talents, and Liverpool, AC Milan and Juventus are said to be interested in the 23-year-old. But Pochettino is said to have since held personal talks with the player. 

Yesterday, Spurs right-back Serge Aurier posted a cryptic instagram post of himself with Rabiot

PSG FIND LOOPHOLE

Paris Saint-Germain think they have found a way around the Financial Fair Play issues stopping them from buying Idrissa Gueye from Everton, according to Telefoot. 

The Merseyside club are interested in Belgian full-back Thomas Meunier, and although the Ligue 1 champions would still need to pay a fee for the former Lille man, a swap deal would reduce the financial burden

4 hours ago, TK421 said:

Is it possible that you've got overexcited and overestimated the natural ability of one of your hot young studs?  Nah, that would never happen.

Asensio is 23, hence he's not eligible to be a young stud.  I'm glad that even though you had quit the forum, you still  lurked enough to be aware of my legendary article, but be aware of the rules so that you don't look misinformed like you do right now. 

I'd keep him another season regardless of the title. His experience is invaluable, I bet he is boss for the young lads to have round and he can still play fucking brilliant. Plus he is versatile. I can't see Andy Robbo replacing him on the Nivea adverts either. 

• Upvote 1

22 minutes ago, Bjornebye said:

I'd keep him another season regardless of the title. His experience is invaluable, I bet he is boss for the young lads to have round and he can still play fucking brilliant. Plus he is versatile. I can't see Andy Robbo replacing him on the Nivea adverts either. 

Robbo wouldn't wear Nivea. He just has a quick swill in gasoline and he's good to go.

• Upvote 2

BREAKING NEWS

Paris Saint-Germain have this evening tabled a  £21.5m bid for Everton midfielder Idrissa Gueye.

Sky Sports News understands the player is keen to make the move to the French  champions. However the Merseyside club say the 29-year old is not for sale and are expected to turn down PSG’s offer.

The Senegal international has played a leading role in Everton’s midfield since arriving two and a half years ago for £7m from Aston Villa.

With just four days left of the January Transfer Window, it’s thought PSG could come back to test Everton’s resolve with an increased offer to try to secure a move

On 1/26/2019 at 4:46 PM, Shooter in the Motor said:

Controversial former Leeds owner Massimo Cellino says Brescia have been contacted by Liverpool over a move for midfielder Sandro Tonali.

Tonali, who has been labelled ‘the next Andrea Pirlo’, has been attracting plenty of interest this season and was recently called into Roberto Mancini’s senior Italian squad.

It was recently reported that Chelsea and Manchester City are likely to be the only two clubs willing to meet the new €40million asking price for Tonali.

The two Premier League clubs, along with Inter Milan and Juventus, have been strongly linked with the midfielder, with Gazzetta dello Sport claiming that both the Blues and Inter watched the player during a 2-1 defeat to Venezia in Serie B on December.

Roma and Napoli are also thought to have shown an interest in Tonali who has emerged as one of the brightest prospects in Italian football.

Now though in an interview with Corriere dello Sport, Brescia president Cellino says “Liverpool have called me” in reference to the midfielder.

“Yes, Roma have asked me about Tonali. I’ve talked about him to [Roma director Mauro] Baldissoni several times, but I want to keep the lad as long as possible. Is he ready? I don’t know, he’s 18. But Liverpool also contacted me a little while ago,” said Cellino.

1 hour ago, Doctor Troy said:

#Liverpool has opened talks for Sandro #Tonali. Reds scout has watched him in #BresciaSpezia today. Cellino wants for the young midfielder (born in 2000) €35M. Roma, Juventus, Milan and Inter also heavily interested for the next season. #transfers #LFC

I think there could be a thread started soon, something along the lines of "Sandro Tonali - Welcome To Anfield.". Looking forward to the lean...Maybe too soon...