You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

January 2019 Transfer Thread

AngryOfTuebrook

6 minutes ago, dandyman said:

With that criteria we should be all in on Giroud 

Nivea would have a bukake 

Yeah Giroid would make the Nivea XI.

GK: Gazzaniga

CB: 

CB: Van Dijk maybe?

RB:

LB: Bertrand

CM: Wijnaldum

CM:

RM:

LM:

FW:

FW: Giroud

17 minutes ago, aRdja said:

Yeah Giroid would make the Nivea XI.

GK: Gazzaniga

CB: 

CB: Van Dijk maybe?

RB:

LB: Bertrand

CM: Wijnaldum

CM:

RM:

LM:

FW:

FW: Giroud

Can’t believe that you haven’t got bobby in there??

He’d be skipper 

22 minutes ago, Hades said:

We desperately need a midfielder. Sell Keita and Lallana, buy Neves. We won't be able to rely on Chamberlain again, imo. The alternative would be to buy a right-back (Wan-Bissaka) and try Alexander-Arnold in midfield.

Keita is going nowhere. Neves ain’t coming here imo.

2 hours ago, Barry Wom said:

I don't get this sessegnon obsession our fans have. I am sure he's a talent, but he will cost 50m+ and he just hasn't done anything in the game to suggest he's at a level where he'd get in our 18. Once any prem player has a bit of a flavour of the month about him, you might as well move on to someone else, because you're priced out of the market. It's like Wan-Bissaka lad at Palace too. They talk about him on motd every week - he'd be another who'd cost you 50m+ already. They might be talents for the future, but part of the idea of getting kids while they're young is before they cost you the price of a top class international. 

Going back to the Zaha discussions on the various threads and the love that some have for him, 26 year old Zaha has 3 goals and 2 assists (and won 2 converted penalties to give him some credit) in ~1800 minutes of play in the Prem this season playing. Granted playing for a team with a poor attack though.

18 year old Sessegnon has 2 goals and 5 assists in ~1450 minutes of his first season of top flight football playing for a team with an even worse attack.

I know who I would rather have! He probably is too expensive now for the risk, but he'll most likely be a very good player

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, The Woolster said:

Going back to the Zaha discussions on the various threads and the love that some have for him, 26 year old Zaha has 3 goals and 2 assists (and won 2 converted penalties to give him some credit) in ~1800 minutes of play in the Prem this season playing. Granted playing for a team with a poor attack though.

18 year old Sessegnon has 2 goals and 5 assists in ~1450 minutes of his first season of top flight football playing for a team with an even worse attack.

I know who I would rather have! He probably is too expensive now for the risk, but he'll most likely be a very good player

Zaha at his best skins players for fun... but when he’s shit, he’s real destructive. 

The numbers aren't great but my eyes tell me that Zaha is brilliant though.

Besides, opposing teams go in against Palace with the specific tactic of just stopping him. I doubt any rival manager's team talk revolves around keeping Sessegnon quiet.

I like Sessegnon but I did expect him to be better than he has been so far. Still a kid though and I'd be happy enough to sign him if it's to replace Moreno. If I'm signing someone to provide competition for the front three though, Sessegnon wouldn't be on the list at this moment in time.

• Upvote 1

Didn't realise Zaha was 26, the price would make him unlikely. 

Neves touched the ball 6 times in the opposition box last season in the championship. Klopp expects all his midfielders to getting in the box regularly. He won't be on on radar with those numbers.

33 minutes ago, The Woolster said:

I wasn't saying he wouldn't become a good player. But we've been linked with him since he was about 6 months old and even then they wanted about 30m quid for him! We might as well wait until he matures, he wouldn't cost us much more providing nobody else jumps in for him before that. And if they do and the fees are mental, let them. 

3 minutes ago, Barry Wom said:

I wasn't saying he wouldn't become a good player. But we've been linked with him since he was about 6 months old and even then they wanted about 30m quid for him! We might as well wait until he matures, he wouldn't cost us much more providing nobody else jumps in for him before that. And if they do and the fees are mental, let them. 

I know, I was mainly trying to make a point to the Zaha lovers...

2 hours ago, The Woolster said:

How is Fulham's attack worse than palace? Fulham have got Schurrle and Mitrovic while palace have Benteke and Wickham. Stats do not tell the whole picture. Zaha is the biggest danger for palace and you will always see opponents doubling up on him more than often.