You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

January 2019 Transfer Thread

AngryOfTuebrook

CHELSEA IN FOR COUTINHO?

Chelsea have made contact with Barcelona over a £100m move for Philippe Coutinho, according to the Sunday Express. 

The Spanish side are reportedly looking to offload the Brazilian following his £142m move to the Nou Camp from Liverpool last January. 

He has only started 10 La Liga games this season, with Manchester United also reportedly interested

Just now, Thoth said:

CHELSEA IN FOR COUTINHO?

Chelsea have made contact with Barcelona over a £100m move for Philippe Coutinho, according to the Sunday Express. 

The Spanish side are reportedly looking to offload the Brazilian following his £142m move to the Nou Camp from Liverpool last January. 

He has only started 10 La Liga games this season, with Manchester United also reportedly interested

I read something similar the other day, with Eden Hazard possibly even going the other way. A Don Balon-style story if ever I saw one but stranger things have happened.

Just now, Shooter in the Motor said:

I read something similar the other day, with Eden Hazard possibly even going the other way. A Don Balon-style story if ever I saw one but stranger things have happened.

His agents clearly touting him around so something might happen

1 minute ago, Thoth said:

His agents clearly touting him around so something might happen

I'm not sure it can be said with any certainty this is down to agents talking. After all, his agent has already shown the levels he will go to for a move to happen for his client. This looks more to me like seeing he is not playing in all matches so surely he is surplus to requirements? Ousmane Dembele was all over the papers last season and as far as I can tell is he now a regular player in their team?

12 hours ago, MegadriveMan said:

I think Harry Wilson will go in the summer too. He won't want to come back as a bit part player. I'd be intrigued to see how well he did on loan to a Premier league club?

I think he will come back personally and get some game time. Can't have escaped Klopp that he has great potential. 

55 minutes ago, RazorBack said:

Do we need to get some English players in for the HG quota if so many of them look like leaving?

Yup, with Sturridge, Clyne, Ings, Lallana and possibly Milner leaving, we will need to fill our HG quota. That's why I feel there's a good chance that Wilson will be here next season. Backup goalie, backup left back, David Brooks, Brewster should help us fill the quota.

Think we leave well alone in Jan do nothing. Would want our transfer team to be working on Ryan sessegnon and Timo Werner deals for the summer. We need to hit the ground running next year and to be honest we have lucked out once again (probably bribed every despot in Africa and all the CAF executives as well *source GOT forum) by moving the  AFCON this year to the summer time. Salah and Mane will need time off this summer before season starts. Get these two on 5 year contracts identify a right back as understudy to Trent or move Trent to midfield and buy a proven RB (noone springing to my mind) and that should be us covered nicely. Plan for the future now. 

I don't get this sessegnon obsession our fans have. I am sure he's a talent, but he will cost 50m+ and he just hasn't done anything in the game to suggest he's at a level where he'd get in our 18. Once any prem player has a bit of a flavour of the month about him, you might as well move on to someone else, because you're priced out of the market. It's like Wan-Bissaka lad at Palace too. They talk about him on motd every week - he'd be another who'd cost you 50m+ already. They might be talents for the future, but part of the idea of getting kids while they're young is before they cost you the price of a top class international. 

• Upvote 1