You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

January 2019 Transfer Thread

AngryOfTuebrook

18 hours ago, Hades said:

Seen this? Canadian Buddhist wins 600k in an MTT and donated it all to charity. Fuck I wish I wasn't so prone to tilting.

https://www.foxnews.com/world/buddhist-poker-player-wins-600g-donates-all-to-charity

I was disappointed that he wasn't a Buddhist monk. 

I had the full story in my head of a little baldy Chinese guy sneaking out to all these poker tournaments in his orange robes, and somehow he's manged to win it, but knows he'll get in a load of shit if he walks back into the monestary with a big sack of cash, so he needs to give it all away and pretend that was the plan all along. 

Reminds me of Kingpin now I think of it, same deal but amish bowling instead of Buddhist poker. 

• Upvote 1

Would be a good grab on loan.  Not sure he's a player I'd want to buy without trying him out in the league first.  He'd be a way behind Mane and Salah (and Shaq), but he's only 23 so if he shows glimpses he could still grow into the squad.

That Felix looks a talent, but that's way too much when it's all gambling on him filling out and getting stronger without losing the quick feet.  Benfica obviously confident he's comparable with Pulisic, or will be given a season or two of top-flight football.

5 minutes ago, Elite said:

Not going to happen but it would be great if we could get another forward in, as we'll be very fortunate if our front 3 survive unscathed in the next few months.

Timo Werner would be fucking awesome in that front 3 

17 minutes ago, MegadriveMan said:

We've only got 15 league games, and possibly only two champions league games left so I can understand why we wouldn't buy anyone until the summer. 

We will need to bring in a fair few in summer - Sturridge and Origi are surely gone....Solanke already gone.

Clyne, Bert Moron and Lallana goners too you would think.

So that is a lot of players who will need replacing - yes some will be by our kids, but for me that is a lot of new players to bed in at same time, getting one in now and having the benefit of having a few months now to bed in and get used to things as well being a help as we hopefully fight in a title fight would for me if at all possible be very handy - especially up front as the back up we have is virtually useless.

• Upvote 1

Potentially we could be looking at Mignolet, Clyne, Moreno, Lallana, Sturridge, Origi, Wilson and a Cente back going and none of them will really bring in much money. A O-C will be back from injury and Brewster seems likely to take one of the striker spots but that still means we will need around five players!