You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

January 2019 Transfer Thread

AngryOfTuebrook

The Juventus manager, Max Allegri, and the director Fabio Paratici are huge admirers of Ramsey, who is likely to be given a place in the Juventus starting XI, most likely playing with Miralem Pjanic and Blaise Matuidi in a three-man midfield. He is likely to replace one of Emre Can, Rodrigo Bentancur and Sami Khedira, with the latter possibly leaving the club in the summer

Nice problem to have. 

37 minutes ago, Captain Turdseye said:

The Juventus manager, Max Allegri, and the director Fabio Paratici are huge admirers of Ramsey, who is likely to be given a place in the Juventus starting XI, most likely playing with Miralem Pjanic and Blaise Matuidi in a three-man midfield. He is likely to replace one of Emre Can, Rodrigo Bentancur and Sami Khedira, with the latter possibly leaving the club in the summer

Nice problem to have. 

Poor Emre 

8 hours ago, Jairzinho said:

Unlike Can, he's really good though.

Can is essentially a lazy, stupid, version of Khedira.

He won’t be in a couple of years. Can had some real solid games for us amongst the average ones, and he’s not even close to his peak.

We are surely jibbing Sturridge and Origi in the summer, Solanke has already gone which would suggest we even with the possible emergence of Brewster will be needing a couple of forwards in the summer...given how poor Sturridge and Origi are and so aren't trying to get too many players to settle at same time in summer would it not be a good idea to see if we can get a forward in this month?

32 minutes ago, an tha said:

We are surely jibbing Sturridge and Origi in the summer, Solanke has already gone which would suggest we even with the possible emergence of Brewster will be needing a couple of forwards in the summer...given how poor Sturridge and Origi are and so aren't trying to get too many players to settle at same time in summer would it not be a good idea to see if we can get a forward in this month?

....and/or Harry Wilson will get his chances next season.

1 hour ago, aRdja said:

He won’t be in a couple of years. Can had some real solid games for us amongst the average ones, and he’s not even close to his peak.

The only reason they signed him is because he was free and they'll sell him on for a huge profit. He's played fuck all for them. 

• Upvote 1

Has he really signed? The BBC seem to think he still hasn't made up his mind. I wouldn't be surprised if he ends up here.

" The 28-year-old's current preference is to join the Italian champions but, contrary to some reports, he has yet to make a final decision and will continue to consider offers from a number of Europe's leading clubs. "

Ramsey

The article (which features a rare BBC grammar error for those with language OCD) also says

"There have been enquiries from English sides and if Ramsey was to remain in the Premier League he would favour a move to Liverpool. "

An obvious 'come and get me' plea no?

34 minutes ago, SasaS said:

I read it just to spot the grammatical error, couldn't find it. Where is it?

Well I admit I could be wrong actually. You learn a new thing every day. I assumed the conditional here was followed by a subjunctive clause, so I expected it to read 'were' not 'was'.

"There have been enquiries from English sides and if Ramsey was to remain in the Premier League he would favour a move to Liverpool. "

I guess that is why I am not a proof reader.

• Upvote 1