You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

January 2019 Transfer Thread

AngryOfTuebrook

10 minutes ago, Barry Wom said:

Mmm.. Players who've failed at rangers and Sheffield United sound just what we need. I'm excited. 

I don’t think Ejaria failed there, he was just unsettled. Gerrard wanted to keep him. I don’t think he’s that far off Solanke in terms of quality.

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, johnsusername said:

Thinning out the squad during a title run is such a Liverpool thing to do.

Has Solanke even played a minute this season? How is that considered thinning out the squad, he was barely part of it.

Same for Clyne. Guy's played in 2 games this season. 

1 minute ago, 3 Stacks said:

Has Solanke even played a minute this season? How is that considered thinning out the squad, he was barely part of it.

Same for Clyne. Guy's played in 2 games this season. 

Fa cup is starting this week. They could both play a part in that and I'd sooner they'd have been playing than any of the regular XI. They were both members of the squad. Now they're not, which by very definition is thinning the squad. We now only have 5 fit defenders at the club and one of them is that thick cunt moreno. Even if we were to try and replace them, I'd imagine it is already too late for the 1st fa cup game. 

18 minutes ago, Barry Wom said:

Fa cup is starting this week. They could both play a part in that and I'd sooner they'd have been playing than any of the regular XI. They were both members of the squad. Now they're not, which by very definition is thinning the squad. We now only have 5 fit defenders at the club and one of them is that thick cunt moreno. Even if we were to try and replace them, I'd imagine it is already too late for the 1st fa cup game. 

Solanke wasn't even making matchday squads, though. As far as I'm concerned, when that happens, there's no point in keeping a guy like that, especially as we used him a fair amount last year, so we know what he's about. 

And people talk about Sturridge or Lallana being injury prone, but what about Clyne? He's barely played in two years and now we can get rid of him. That's a win in my book and who says we could have relied on him given the time he's missed? These are both good moves. For club and both players.  

15 minutes ago, 3 Stacks said:

Solanke wasn't even making matchday squads, though. As far as I'm concerned, when that happens, there's no point in keeping a guy like that, especially as we used him a fair amount last year, so we know what he's about. 

And people talk about Sturridge or Lallana being injury prone, but what about Clyne? He's barely played in two years and now we can get rid of him. That's a win in my book and who says we could have relied on him given the time he's missed? These are both good moves. For club and both players.  

If nobody comes in, I see no benefit at all in clyne leaving. I think he'd have got games. Solanke was clearly out of the picture and I'm not arsed if he's sold, but when the season started I thought we were short up front because Sturridge is done physically and Solanke and origi are shite. So while I don't care about solanke leaving, just like clyne, I think we improve our chances and fix the mistakes of the summer by bringing someone in. What do we gain as fans if they leave and are not replaced? I don't care if the club makes a profit, I want us to win the league. 

11 minutes ago, Barry Wom said:

If nobody comes in, I see no benefit at all in clyne leaving. I think he'd have got games. Solanke was clearly out of the picture and I'm not arsed if he's sold, but when the season started I thought we were short up front because Sturridge is done physically and Solanke and origi are shite. So while I don't care about solanke leaving, just like clyne, I think we improve our chances and fix the mistakes of the summer by bringing someone in. What do we gain as fans if they leave and are not replaced? I don't care if the club makes a profit, I want us to win the league. 

Those two aren't helping us win the league. They're non-factors. 

1 minute ago, 3 Stacks said:

Those two aren't helping us win the league. They're non-factors. 

Clyne could and has already. He could certainly allow us to rest players in non-league games. 

As for salanke, no he's shit. Maybe not even good enough to get into a complete 2nd string team. But are you saying we didn't go into the season 1 forward short based on the fact our cover is poor? I personally think we started the season 1 short and I believe that's because we didn't sell origi. We've sold solanke now instead (I'm assuming we know we've got no buyers for origi), so if we're serious about winning the league, we would get someone in to help us with the run in. 

2 minutes ago, A_S said:

FB_IMG_1546640332018.jpg

Of all those deals, the Kevin Stewart one still stands out. Has there ever been a poorer player transferred for that much money? I get that he was a hard-working player, but he had virtually no strengths to his game apart from that. All the others had something about them that made them stand out at one point or another, and forward players are generally much more expensive.  Smith at 8m is close, shocking the amount of money we've recouped the last few years, Edwards is certainly earning his money.