You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

January 2019 Transfer Thread

AngryOfTuebrook

1 hour ago, Barry Wom said:

He played because he had a place in the squad and we had to play someone. I don't believe for a second we believed in his talent, because he didn't demonstrate any in 27 games. 

We played him because we believed he'd improve, he didn't.  27 games isn't a needs-must decision, it was a sustained effort to give him gametime.

4 minutes ago, Carvalho Diablo said:

Just put the shite v Leicester game on and the Foxes have that Mo Choudhury kid in midfield today. Only ever seen him play 45 minutes (vs Man City the other week) but he was really fucking good. 

One to keep an eye on? 

Is he the one with the fellaini hair? I saw bits of him in one of their Xmas games, thought he looked alright. 

1 minute ago, Pidge said:

We played him because we believed he'd improve, he didn't.  27 games isn't a needs-must decision, it was a sustained effort to give him gametime.

The squad was on its arse, which is why he got games. Its not been stretched at all this season, we don't believe in origi and yet he can't get past him now he's back. It's because he's not good and was never any good. But he got games because the squad needed someone. 

3 minutes ago, Barry Wom said:

The squad was on its arse, which is why he got games. Its not been stretched at all this season, we don't believe in origi and yet he can't get past him now he's back. It's because he's not good and was never any good. But he got games because the squad needed someone.  

He got games because they wanted to give him experience.  I've already said he didn't perform or improve well enough, I'm not saying he should be playing this season so I don't see the relevance in his place right now - there's a reason he's off on loan.  What I'm disagreeing with is the suggestion that we nabbed him to just chuck him on the stockpile because there's no evidence of that being the case.

17 minutes ago, Carvalho Diablo said:

Just put the shite v Leicester game on and the Foxes have that Mo Choudhury kid in midfield today. Only ever seen him play 45 minutes (vs Man City the other week) but he was really fucking good. 

One to keep an eye on? 

That hair alone is worth £35m. Footballing ability is just a bonus after that. 

1 hour ago, Pidge said:

He got games because they wanted to give him experience.  I've already said he didn't perform or improve well enough, I'm not saying he should be playing this season so I don't see the relevance in his place right now - there's a reason he's off on loan.  What I'm disagreeing with is the suggestion that we nabbed him to just chuck him on the stockpile because there's no evidence of that being the case.

We'll have to agree to disagree. I don't think he'd have got a minute had he come through our youth system and didn't occupy a squad birth and salary. We gave him games as the squad was bare. We brought him in as he was an England youth International going on the cheap. 

12 minutes ago, Barry Wom said:

We'll have to agree to disagree. I don't think he'd have got a minute had he come through our youth system and didn't occupy a squad birth and salary. We gave him games as the squad was bare. We brought him in as he was an England youth International going on the cheap. 

Fair enough, fine by me. 

Any new player will take 2 or 3 months to get up to speed with Klopps method. Unless it's a kid for the future there is no point in moving on a Clyne, Sturridge or Lalanna only to have their replacement not considered ready by the boss. I'd even keep Moreno just encase. Nobody in nobody out.

1 hour ago, Doctor Troy said:

RB Leipzig want to renew Timo Werner's contract, which expires in 2020, but he's hesitating & is ready to make the next step in his career. If he rejects Leipzig's offer then Liverpool are watching him & realistically a bid of around €40M (£36M) could be accepted. [@Bild] #LFC https://t.co/hmdHD4XTtX

If we sell/loan Solanke and buy Werner, although I feel for the lad there's no doubt that he would have made way for a far superior player.

17 hours ago, Pidge said:

He came on when we were chasing games or winning comfortably to give the front 3 a rest. Who do you think he was ahead from those available in the squad?

5 minutes ago, m0e said:

He came on when we were chasing games or winning comfortably to give the front 3 a rest. Who do you think he was ahead from those available in the squad?

Klopp obviously preferred Solanke to Origi last season because he only let Origi go on loan after seeing them both in pre-season.

He was also preferred to Sturridge as first back up striker on the odd occasion Sturridge was fit.

It is possible we bought Solanke hoping he’d develop but also knew we would be able to flog him on if it didn’t work out.