You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

January 2019 Transfer Thread

AngryOfTuebrook

Indykalia and the Anfield Plug on Twatter reported it 2 days ago so it must be true.

If it is its a very good signing. No language barrier and he has lived in the UK before. Fast, skilful, direct and Klopp has already worked with him so hopefully he settles in quickly. £42m-£45m is not a bad price considering we will get almost £40m for Ings and Origi.

1 minute ago, Numero Veinticinco said:

Young. Potentially very good. Fast. Wouldn’t say no, although I think he would frustrate a few people in the first couple of seasons with his erratic end product. 

I thought Chamberlain woukd be a massive waste of money for 40m and I was completely wrong. Hopefully a lot of people saying he isn't that good will also be wrong.

13 minutes ago, Doctor Troy said:

Banega and Gary Cahill signing for Arsenal apparently.

Aston Villa have pulled out of a move to sign him as it would have been too expensive to sign him up. Seems a strange jump to go from signing for Aston Villa to sign for Arsenal.

22 minutes ago, Doctor Troy said:

I thought Chamberlain woukd be a massive waste of money for 40m and I was completely wrong. Hopefully a lot of people saying he isn't that good will also be wrong.

I still think AOC has some way to go before justifying his price, considering his contract. 

Pulisic is more potential and rawness. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Isn't pulisic a huge United fan. That kind of decision making makes me think he's either a cunt, mentally disturbed or stupid. No thanks to pulisic. I'm not arsed about opening up financial opportunities to the US. Will he improve the team I've no idea. But if klopp really wants him then get him because klopp can reverse his brainwashing and klopp deserves to get what he wants.

Buy Sancho.

Pulisic is an excellent player who would be an ideal signing for us. Great dribbler, fast and creative with an eye for goal, still really young and Kloppo would improve him even further, the kid would add real quality and depth to our forward line.

All that said, I really couldn't give a fuck, if Kloppo had really wanted Pulisic then no way would he be signing for Chelsea ahead of us. I summise that Kloppo has an even better player lined up.

Thorgan Hazard has steadily become one of the stars of the Bundesliga without any real fanfare. It seems Dortmund are trying to flog Pulisic to Chelsea so they can buy him. He's a big step up. Very skilful player. A bit of the Zaha's about him - in the sense that he has to overcompensate for his jabroni teammates by taking on everyone on his own. Not as fast as his brother - a poor mans Eden Hazard. £30m release clause.

Timo Werner I reckon there's definite interest there. Left sided player who can cut in on his right foot. We only have Mane for that role. Went through a tough spell last season but still scored 13 goals with 7 assists in the league. Bayern want him to replace Lewandowski. He'd be better off here instead, he doesn't suit a possession based system. Can cover both Mane and Firmino's roles. Presses like Firmino. As fast as Mo in full flight. 

Steven Bergwijn is someone to watch out for. A few Dutch news sites have said we're scouting him. He's like a young Sadio Mane. Fast, strong, good technique. Might be the biggest talent out of the Eresdivisie since Depay. 

Alderweireld has just had his contract renewed, which means the £25m release clause is now active. We should be all over that.

Nainggolan got caught the other day slagging off the Inter players and fans like fuck. Think Joe Cole's "they told me to say it was a big club" West Ham interview x 10. Said he's desperate to come back to Roma and asked Totti to have a word. His position must surely be untenable. A good cheap option for squad depth.

• Upvote 2