You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

January 2019 Transfer Thread

AngryOfTuebrook

2 minutes ago, Babb'sBurstNad said:

Depends where he wants to go really, if he's made his mind up then whichever club it is could make a fairly low offer (not £10m low, mind) and hope PSG accept so as not to have a stink lingering around the dressing room for six months.

If Nivea read this there's no way they'll allow the club to complete the deal.

I wont be too arsed if we dont sign anyone this January. As has been said, the midfield are starting to click although I still dont think Klopp knows his best midfield 3. If we do sign someone then its bye bye Lallana 

Rabiot is a very good player but if he is a bit of a dick then its a no from me. Our squad harmony is great right now. We dont need bellends rocking the boat. 

7 minutes ago, Jose Jones said:

I don’t think signing another midfielder in Jan is the best idea really. Fabinho is only just now settling in and Keita still has a fair way left to go. I think we’re best giving them the time on the pitch then reassess in the summer.

I absolutely see your logic, and normally I'd agree. But sometimes, when a brilliant player is available... you should just get him. You know?

3 minutes ago, Lee909 said:

Where exactly would Rabiot fit into the squad

Fabinho

Henderson 

Milner

Gini

Keita

Chamberlain 

Shaqiri

Lallana 

Well, he wouldn't be in competition with Chamberlain, Shaqiri, or Lallana in any way shape or form. Plus, Lallana should be sold at the first opportunity. Henderson should be replaced with Rabiot. Milner can't go on for too much longer without being used much more sparingly. 

• Upvote 3

5 minutes ago, Numero Veinticinco said:

I absolutely see your logic, and normally I'd agree. But sometimes, when a brilliant player is available... you should just get him. You know?

Well, he wouldn't be in competition with Chamberlain, Shaqiri, or Lallana in any way shape or form. Plus, Lallana should be sold at the first opportunity. Henderson should be replaced with Rabiot. Milner can't go on for too much longer without being used much more sparingly. 

Id have no issue with Henderson and Milner going for him to come in. But I don't see Klopp fucking Henderson off. We need a set amount of home grown to forfil quotas. Luckily both are reserve keepers should fit that bill next year. Or I'd get a old British keeper in to do the same job

2 hours ago, Remmie said:

Reckon we'd need to offer more than that, loads of other clubs will be interested 

1 hour ago, Babb'sBurstNad said:

Depends where he wants to go really, if he's made his mind up then whichever club it is could make a fairly low offer (not £10m low, mind) and hope PSG accept so as not to have a stink lingering around the dressing room for six months.

Why would he do this? He can go wherever he wants in the summer anyway and the difference to his pocket is millions.

1 hour ago, Babb'sBurstNad said:

Yep. He'd be available on a bosman to non French clubs from Jan1. Sign him on a bosman agreeme t then make an offer to PSG at that point for the remainder of the season. 

13 minutes ago, TheHowieLama said:

Why would he do this? He can go wherever he wants in the summer anyway and the difference to his pocket is millions.

Because he gets us and wants a Klopp hug? 

Plenty of players leave before they're due a Bosman, be it 12 or 6 months early. If he's frozen out and wants to play, he may just prefer to move now. He'll be getting his wages bumped either way.

30 minutes ago, Em City said:

Rabiot is a massive talent but it seems he's a bit of a diva and proper weirdo to boot.

I wouldn't rule out his surroundings being an influence on that. 

When he's got Neymar et al acting like divas and dancing round like a bunch of ponces then he might just be doing the same to fit in. 

Put him in our team with our players acting like actual professionals then we might see a better side of him.