You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

January 2019 Transfer Thread

AngryOfTuebrook

12 minutes ago, Lee909 said:

So Leipzig have just gone out of Europe

How the fuck they didn't get through that group i'll never know. 

Been linked with Werner and Forsberg before,might be the perfect time to try and get one. 

Another goalscorer would be handy

Beaten twice by Salzburg, weren't they?

I'm not suggesting shenanigans but...shenanigans.

• Upvote 2

Liverpool owners Fenway Sports Group are potentially willing to back Jurgen Klopp in January with ‘serious money’, it has been claimed.

The Reds currently sit top of the Premier League table and are in the knockout stages of the Champions League in what has been a good season so far for them.

However, reports have linked the Anfield club with possible moves to improve their squad, including the likes of AC Milan winger Suso, Leverkusen star Kai Havertz and PSG midfielder Adrien Rabiot.

According to transfer expert Duncan Castles, FSG are ready to back Klopp and Liverpool’s recruitment team by making a sizeable budget available for next month.

“I think we’ve seen in recent times with Liverpool that Fenway Sports Group have had no hesitation about putting serious money on the table to solve problem areas or improve upon what they’ve got in areas of the team,” Castles told the Transfer Window Podcast.

“It would not surprise me if FSG did the same in January, because they’re prepared to go there and they’ve got a lot of faith in Jurgen Klopp and they’ve got a lot of faith in their recruitment department.”

However..

Jurgen Klopp has claimed that it’s unlikely there will be any incoming transfers at Liverpool in January.

The Reds have been linked with a whole host of players ahead of next month’s window, but Klopp, in today’s Melwood news conference, played down the club’s hopes of adding to their squad.

Although he did accept that youngster Harry Wilson, who is excelling on loan with Derby, could be recalled if Klopp’s squad start to become stretched.

Asked about potential January business, Klopp said: “It’s unlikely we’ll do something in the transfer market but like with Harry you react when some new happens.

“We don’t want to take him away unless we absolutely have to. We like watching him and seeing what he is doing there.”

Klopp, whose side tackle Manchester United at Anfield on Sunday, has said that Nathaniel Clyne, who is a transfer target for Cardiff, is fit to play with Trent Alexander-Arnold now injured.

“He was unfortunately injured in past 2/3 weeks but luckily he’s back in full training for 3 or 4 days. Is he ready for 90 mins? I don’t know. But is he ready for Sunday? Yeah,” said Klopp.

“Clyne is a very experienced player – it’s not ideal and we won’t rush him.

“Rafa Camacho played outstandingly in pre-season and Curtis Jones too.

“We have other options and as long as we have options everything is fine. We have to be creative if not but all fine for the moment.”

Asked about the fixture, which is regarded as the biggest in English football, Klopp said: “It’s a big one! It is a very important game and it is very special.

“When I was back in Germany I tried everything I could to watch it. Very often it was very intense. Now I’m here it’s always tight.

“In Europe we were good against them and I don’t remember bad results too much.

“Sometimes we haven’t got the results we deserved. We haven’t won a lot but we will try to change that.

“I know it will be a very intense game and we will be ready for that.

“I don’t think we won a lot (against Manchester United in the Premier League), so we will try to change that.

“This week we reached a big target in the Champions League, we had one day to feel the relief of that.

“Since yesterday we are back on track. I’m really looking forward to it. Big one.”

2 minutes ago, Shooter in the Motor said:

Liverpool owners Fenway Sports Group are potentially willing to back Jurgen Klopp in January with ‘serious money’, it has been claimed.

The Reds currently sit top of the Premier League table and are in the knockout stages of the Champions League in what has been a good season so far for them.

However, reports have linked the Anfield club with possible moves to improve their squad, including the likes of AC Milan winger Suso, Leverkusen star Kai Havertz and PSG midfielder Adrien Rabiot.

According to transfer expert Duncan Castles, FSG are ready to back Klopp and Liverpool’s recruitment team by making a sizeable budget available for next month.

“I think we’ve seen in recent times with Liverpool that Fenway Sports Group have had no hesitation about putting serious money on the table to solve problem areas or improve upon what they’ve got in areas of the team,” Castles told the Transfer Window Podcast.

“It would not surprise me if FSG did the same in January, because they’re prepared to go there and they’ve got a lot of faith in Jurgen Klopp and they’ve got a lot of faith in their recruitment department.”

Transfer expert Duncan Castles. Ha ha. 

1 hour ago, sir roger said:

Brilliant article that . ' potentially willing ' , so presumably ' potentially not willing ' also.

We'll definitely maybe need to be potentially willing to enter the market if Clyne goes to Cardiff.

Cardiff?

France midfielder Adrien Rabiot has been “indefinitely benched” by PSG, which could prove to be an offer too good to turn down for Liverpool boss Jurgen Klopp.

Rabiot is heading into the final six months of his contract with the Ligue 1 giants and has been continually linked with a switch to Merseyside in 2019.

Indeed, back in September ESPN stated French journalist Julien Laurens as claiming that the Reds had “made contact” with the 23-year-old over a possible free transfer move.

Laurens went on to to add that Rabiot and Jurgen Klopp had “already spoken on the phone to discuss a move,” with the Anfield chief “very keen,” – having failed to sign the player when he was in charge at Borussia Dortmund.

The latest reports suggest that some sort of agreement could be worked out in January and that scenario seems ever more likely after PSG sporting director Antero Henrique told Yahoo Sport that Rabiot had made it clear he would be leaving on a Bosman next summer, and as a result would not be considered for selection.

Henrique said: “At this point, [talks won’t continue]. It was a decision made by the club following a meeting I had with the player.

“The player informed me that he would not sign a contract and that he wanted to leave the club [as a free agent] at the end of the season, ie. at the end of his contract.

“For the player, this will have a very clear consequence: he will remain on the bench for an indefinite period.”

Manchester City, Arsenal and Tottenham have also been linked with the defensive midfielder, although reports on Monday claimed that Rabiot had turned down the chance to join Spurs.

2 minutes ago, Aventus said:

Can we just throw them 10 mil and get him in January? If he's gonna go on a free in 6 months anyway we might as well try. The extra man could be the difference between winning and losing this league. 

Reckon we'd need to offer more than that, loads of other clubs will be interested