You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

January 2019 Transfer Thread

AngryOfTuebrook

7 hours ago, TheHowieLama said:

I've heard he would score for fun over there.

I'm 37, currently at least 5kgs overweight and I haven't kicked a ball in nearly 20 years. Plus I was shite to begin with. 

I'd still fancy my chances up in Scotland. So by that logic solanke should easily bag a shit load in that mickey mouse league. 

Not a bad move in all fairness. He'll get into the routine of scoring which should do his confidence alot of good. 

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

9 hours ago, sir roger said:

Rumours of Solanke to Rangers

https://talksport.com/football/450159/liverpool-rangers-transfer-news-solanke-sadiq/

Liverpool starlet Dominic Solanke is in line to join Rangers when the transfer window reopens in the New Year.

The young forward has been unable to force his way into Jurgen Klopp’s plans this season.

Solanke has been reduced to Under-23 football, and has only made the bench once for the first team, for the EFL Cup defeat by Chelsea in September.

He was linked with a loan exit from Anfield throughout the summer, with Rangers – managed by Liverpool great Steven Gerrard – reportedly wanting to take the 21-year-old to Ibrox.

And it now appears the Gers are in pole position to get him when the transfer window reopens in just over a month.

Crystal Palace are among the Premier League clubs who have also taken a look at Solanke, but Rangers are hopeful of wrapping up a deal for the former Chelsea player.

Solanke is wanted to replace Umar Sadiq in Gerrard’s set-up, with the Nigeria attacker expected to return to Roma in January.

Sadiq has made just five appearances without scoring a single goal since joining Rangers on a temporary basis earlier this year, and he’s poised to return to his former club, opening the door for Solanke’s Ibrox switch.

1 hour ago, Shooter in the Motor said:

https://talksport.com/football/450159/liverpool-rangers-transfer-news-solanke-sadiq/

Liverpool starlet Dominic Solanke is in line to join Rangers when the transfer window reopens in the New Year.

The young forward has been unable to force his way into Jurgen Klopp’s plans this season.

Solanke has been reduced to Under-23 football, and has only made the bench once for the first team, for the EFL Cup defeat by Chelsea in September.

He was linked with a loan exit from Anfield throughout the summer, with Rangers – managed by Liverpool great Steven Gerrard – reportedly wanting to take the 21-year-old to Ibrox.

And it now appears the Gers are in pole position to get him when the transfer window reopens in just over a month.

Crystal Palace are among the Premier League clubs who have also taken a look at Solanke, but Rangers are hopeful of wrapping up a deal for the former Chelsea player.

Solanke is wanted to replace Umar Sadiq in Gerrard’s set-up, with the Nigeria attacker expected to return to Roma in January.

Sadiq has made just five appearances without scoring a single goal since joining Rangers on a temporary basis earlier this year, and he’s poised to return to his former club, opening the door for Solanke’s Ibrox switch.

We can fuck off with that crystal Palace shit. If we've any hope for this lad to make it, we shouldn't be letting him anywhere near that owl faced cunt. 

• Upvote 1

20 hours ago, magicrat said:

I reckon if Solanke got a couple of goals for us he would kick on. Seems to be stuck in neutral every time he gets a chance. Today wouldn't be a bad time to come on and get his name up in lights

Out of interest, what makes you think he'd kick on? I've seen fuck all in anything he's done to suggest he could be a top flight footballer, let alone someone who could get in our team. 

2 hours ago, Barry Wom said:

Out of interest, what makes you think he'd kick on? I've seen fuck all in anything he's done to suggest he could be a top flight footballer, let alone someone who could get in our team. 

I’ve seen plenty to suggest he can be a top flight footballer. His touch, movement, link up play; he can finish. He’s still young as fuck. For sure he can score goals in the premier league. He struggled at times last season but can we hold that against him? A young guy at a New club in his first full season, adapting to a demanding style of play with the best front three in the world keeping him out of the team? He’ll come good

32 minutes ago, moof said:

I’ve seen plenty to suggest he can be a top flight footballer. His touch, movement, link up play; he can finish. He’s still young as fuck. For sure he can score goals in the premier league. He struggled at times last season but can we hold that against him? A young guy at a New club in his first full season, adapting to a demanding style of play with the best front three in the world keeping him out of the team? He’ll come good

Agree with all of that with one proviso: he may be on someone else’s books by the time he comes good. That said, if he’s got a chance to come through at any big club, it’s surely ours. Klopp consistently gives time and opportunity to all players, but especially young ones. 

25 minutes ago, moof said:

So we'll maybe have to disagree. I think his touch is ordinary to poor. His movement is predictable and late. And he's not that young, he's 21 now - I realise that doesn't make him old, but he has 1 premier league goal to his name, he should be giving klopp no choice but to pick him in front of Sturridge and instead it seems origi has gone past him in the pecking order. A lot has to happen for him to get on the bench for us and I feel any of our back up options are not great options. I'd be surprised if he was to make it in the Premier league and  amazed if he could make it at Liverpool. I just don't get him and he just doesn't seem to have that edge that good players do. 

• Upvote 3

35 minutes ago, moof said:

Zero chance he’ll make it at Liverpool. 

4 hours ago, Barry Wom said:

He has the physical attributes and is still only 21 . Has been successful at all junior club and International levels. OK the Premiership maybe a step too far but he has hardly had much of a chance to find out. In any event he will get moved on and get his chance as a regular starter. 

50 minutes ago, TheHowieLama said:

He'd be a great option - would swap him for Lallana in our squad in a heartbeat

I'd love to see Lallana in Shitcoat's squad. For that reason I'm all in for Mata swap with Lallana.

1 hour ago, TheHowieLama said:

He'd be a great option - would swap him for Lallana in our squad in a heartbeat

Doesnt suit our pressing play, would demand very high wages and is beyond his peak. That’s a no from me, and I would think a big no from Klopp and FSG.

Excellent player on his day though, and clearly better than Lallana.