You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

January 2019 Transfer Thread

AngryOfTuebrook

Liverpool are set to sign Hoffenheim'sGermany midfielder Kerem Demirbay, 25, in the January transfer window. (Sunday Express)

Liverpool are prepared to sell Brazil midfielder Fabinho, 25, to fund a £70m move for 20-year-old Borussia Dortmund and United States winger Christian Pulisic, who is also a target for Chelsea.(Sunday Mirror

16 hours ago, cloggypop said:

You think Barca will play him further up the pitch then or have him running from deep, possibly from CB? 

I'm not sure.

He'd be a nailed-on midfielder for any other club in the world, but depending on their manager I can just about imagine someone trying to repeat what they did with Mascherano and playing him deeper. He's played at centre back a fair few games for Ajax as well, so it's not a foreign position to him.

However, I have to admit I'd be a bit disappointed to see that. I'd put him at the base of their midfield and just watch him go. Maybe in a 4-2-3-1 alongside Busquets, even. Just get him the ball as much as possible and let him make things happen, sort of like what Sarri is doing with Jorginho at Chelsea. He absolutely oozes class on the ball, one of those players who always seems to have more space/time than everyone else.

42 minutes ago, Bjornebye said:

Not much chance we would get him, certainly not in January but Eriksens contract is up at the end of next season. He is only on 70k a week apparently as well. Maybe a possibility if Spurs miss out on the champions league. I'd love him here. 

We watched him for at least a full season at Ajax and then decided he wasn't good enough. Still freaks my nut out to this day. Our Eredivisie scouts are wank. 

• Upvote 2