You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

January 2019 Transfer Thread

AngryOfTuebrook

Wonder whatever became of the links to Dani Olmo?

A few months ago I saw some links saying that AC Milan wanted him from Zagreb but we were also interested and he'd stated he preferred to move to Liverpool. Since then, nothing. Reportedly was going to be about £8m I think.

I ask because he's a favourite of mine as his numbers are so good. @_POTP off twitter has an article out on him today and his dribbles are off the charts! Also beats Firmino for ball recoveries/90, which I think is the first time I've seen another attacking player do that. 20 years old, so obviously one mostly for the future, but cheap and high potential. Could be the kind of sneaky-good signing we see Edwards making from time to time.

8 hours ago, VERBAL DIARRHEA said:

Munain for nothing? Is Cech for free?

Munain has a contract until Summer 2019 and he is currently negotiating for a new contract.

Therefore any links to him that are currently surfacing are almost certainly adding Euro to his contract negotiations. (I think it's weird that the plural for Euro is Euro).

54 minutes ago, Shooter in the Motor said:

Munain has a contract until Summer 2019 and he is currently negotiating for a new contract.

Therefore any links to him that are currently surfacing are almost certainly adding Euro to his contract negotiations. (I think it's weird that the plural for Euro is Euro).

I thought he was dire anyway.

Probably nonsense as usual but I haven't seen anything about Fabinho before this...

Liverpool have reportedly made a ‘very powerful offer’ to try and beat Barcelona to the signing of PSG star Adrien Rabiot next summer.

The France midfielder’s contract runs out at the end of the season, leading to plenty of interest from clubs in the Premier League as well as the La Liga giants.

Friday’s edition of Catalan newspaper Mundo Deportivo, as reported by Sport Witness, claims that Barca are showing significant interest in the 23-year-old, but that Jurgen Klopp’s men have already laid down a marker with their financial terms for the soon to be free agent.

For their part, PSG are still keen to tie the player down to a new contract – but despite plenty of effort from club president Nasser Al-Khelaifi to convince him to stay, Rabiot has so far turned down opportunities to sign an extension in Paris.

Liverpool may also have the upper hand, given PSG’s links to their own midfielder Fabinho, who has so far struggled to settle down to life in the Premier League.

The former Monaco man recently claimed that he was “bored” with life on Merseyside and could return to Ligue 1 if Rabiot confirms he wants out at the end of the current campaign.

The Frenchman has still to make a decision over his future but the report goes on to state that he is ‘very close’ to doing so.

I’m not a doom-monger by any stretch of the imagination but I think it’s clear that if we’re going to win the league or CL this season, we need to add a player of obvious first team quality in January that can link the midfield and attack. That’s obviously dependant on us still being in the CL and within a handful of points of City after Christmas. 

I know we’re unbeaten in the league but we are in a mini-slump. There’s something not right and I think a quality new addition could give everyone a lift and/or a kick up the arse. The summer signings have failed to do that so far. Klopp’s already said he doesn’t think we’ll buy anyone but he has to say that, doesn’t he? Recent history suggests we won’t but it’s not beyond the realms of possibility that he’ll push for at least one addition to try and help us kick on.

Who is out there, that isn’t cup-tied and meets the above criteria?

36 minutes ago, Captain Turdseye said:

I’m not a doom-monger by any stretch of the imagination but I think it’s clear that if we’re going to win the league or CL this season, we need to add a player of obvious first team quality in January that can link the midfield and attack. That’s obviously dependant on us still being in the CL and within a handful of points of City after Christmas. 

I know we’re unbeaten in the league but we are in a mini-slump. There’s something not right and I think a quality new addition could give everyone a lift and/or a kick up the arse. The summer signings have failed to do that so far. Klopp’s already said he doesn’t think we’ll buy anyone but he has to say that, doesn’t he? Recent history suggests we won’t but it’s not beyond the realms of possibility that he’ll push for at least one addition to try and help us kick on.

Who is out there, that isn’t cup-tied and meets the above criteria?

Ramsey.