You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

January 2019 Transfer Thread

AngryOfTuebrook

11 hours ago, Vonblonberg said:

Ah, the true trickle down effect of what was once lauded, but now is really a fucking terrible waste of funds.

its his level without the press ramping up Rambo’s Rampantcy.

Avarage now, avarage forever.

He was probably the best midfielder at the Euros a couple of years back in that no 10 role. When he’s fit, he’s a player.

On 9/19/2018 at 1:38 PM, Nelly-Torres said:

Another one I'd keep an eye in is Krzysztof Piatek. 

23 year old Polish striker. Just moved from Cracovia (I think) to Genoa. He's scored 4 goals in his first 3 in Serie A. 

The Lewandowski comparisons could be lazy due to the Polish connection, but he's that kind of forward. Big and strong but deceptively mobile and quick and can put it away with his head but also with his feet. I'd be surprised if he remained at Genoa for any great length of time. 

A brace (so far - still another 45 mins to play) for this cat today, taking his tally to 8 goals in 5 and a half games. 

Get him signed up, Kloppo! 

That’s lucky, cause we don’t play a 4-4-2. I didn’t want Ox, I still wouldn’t have bought him. He was loads of money, injury prone, and was in the last year of his contract. For the same sort of reasons, I don’t want Ramsey. I hope we are not sitting here this time next year with him on the injury table, costing 1m a month. 

• Upvote 4

2 hours ago, Numero Veinticinco said:

That’s lucky, cause we don’t play a 4-4-2. I didn’t want Ox, I still wouldn’t have bought him. He was loads of money, injury prone, and was in the last year of his contract. For the same sort of reasons, I don’t want Ramsey. I hope we are not sitting here this time next year with him on the injury table, costing 1m a month. 

Ox has been a successful signing, in my book. His injury not indicative of any prior issues. I think he has the character to come back from it, as well. 

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, moof said:

Ox has been a successful signing, in my book. His injury not indicative of any prior issues. I think he has the character to come back from it, as well. 

I wouldn’t say he has been successful when you consider the size of the fee, but I think he grew into the season. Sometimes he looked a bit shit and others very good. If he can cement a place in the starting XI and play more often like he does in good games, I’ll be okay. Probably still wouldn’t have made the signing, nor do I think it should be used as an example in favour of signing Ramsey. 

1 minute ago, Numero Veinticinco said:

I wouldn’t say he has been successful when you consider the size of the fee, but I think he grew into the season. Sometimes he looked a bit shit and others very good. If he can cement a place in the starting XI and play more often like he does in good games, I’ll be okay. Probably still wouldn’t have made the signing, nor do I think it should be used as an example in favour of signing Ramsey. 

Kidding aren't you? If he hadn't got that injury then he would be starting now. His form was as good as anyones in the 2nd half of last season. 

• Upvote 2

Just now, Bjornebye said:

Kidding aren't you? If he hadn't got that injury then he would be starting now. His form was as good as anyones in the 2nd half of last season. 

Some of his games were good, others weren’t at all. He had good spells, improving from quite poor in the beginning.  Even then, even if he was decent all the time, I still think it was a bad deal.

As for his form being as good as anyone... I very much disagree.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Numero Veinticinco said:

Some of his games were good, others weren’t at all. He had good spells, improving from quite poor in the beginning.  Even then, even if he was decent all the time, I still think it was a bad deal.

As for his form being as good as anyone... I very much disagree.

Yeah maybe not Salah. 

giphy.gif