You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

January 2019 Transfer Thread

AngryOfTuebrook

Perhaps it would be Oxlade-Chamberlain-Alexander-Arnold up the wing to Alexander-Arnold-Oxlade-Chamberlain. Once Calvert-Lewin gets involved, I have no idea where that would lead.

1 minute ago, Shooter in the Motor said:

Perhaps it would be Oxlade-Chamberlain-Alexander-Arnold up the wing to Alexander-Arnold-Oxlade-Chamberlain. Once Calvert-Lewin gets involved, I have no idea where that would lead.

As long as I get to put Oxlade-Chamberlain-Alexander-Arnold-Calvert-Lewin-Vennegoor of Hesselink on the back of my shirt, I’m happy. Well, back, side, front, other side and back of my shirt.

14 minutes ago, Numero Veinticinco said:

As long as I get to put Oxlade-Chamberlain-Alexander-Arnold-Calvert-Lewin-Vennegoor of Hesselink on the back of my shirt, I’m happy. Well, back, side, front, other side and back of my shirt.

So Vennegoor doesn't play for Hesselink, he is actually Vennegoor of Hesselink? That's a whole new strain of lunacy. 

Liverpool have reportedly jumped to the front of the queue to land highly-rated Tottenham target Nicolo Barella from Cagliari.

Jurgen Klopp is known to have been keeping a close eye on the Italy under-21 midfielder, who is rated at around £35million.

The 21-year-old helped Italy finish third in the U-21 World Cup in 2017 and was called up into the senior squad last year.

Both Milan giants are also interested in signing Barella, who instead favours a move to the Premier League, according to the Sunday Express.

Tottenham, who failed to make a signing during the summer transfer window, are looking to make up for lost time by making a splash in January and are also very keen on the player.

Klopp, though, is reported to be extremely confident of landing the youngster, who has made an impressive start to the new season for his club side.

The Reds chief is looking to add to his midfield options, despite strengthening with Fabinho and Naby Keita in the summer, especially while Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain remains on the sidelines.

Klopp is also hoping to use Ragnar Klavan’s summer move to the Sardinian club to tempt Cagliari to sell.

The Estonian defender was allowed to move on deadline day for £2million, with the relationship between the two clubs said to be strong after the deal.

Barella has opened the door to a Premier League move and suggested that Anfield could be his preferred destination, with a desire on his part to meet NBA icon James.

He told Gazzetta dello Sport: “Cagliari received offers and turned them down. I am happy to have remained with the club I support.

“If I had to choose between Serie A and the Premier League, I’d go for England, because I like the way they approach the game. Plus everyone there is just as irritable and prone to fouls as me!

“My dream is to get a nice house with a garden and a pool. And to meet LeBron James.”

James, who is now on the books at the LA Lakers, owns a stake in Liverpool.

He has followed the club for several years and was among those in attendance as the Reds saw off Tottenham 2-1 at Wembley Stadium on Saturday.

Making a move to Merseyside could allow Barella to fulfil his dream of rubbing shoulders with James, as the 33-year-old basketball star is a regular visitor to Anfield.

Lebron's been back?  Thought he dropped some beats off and then fucked off to do less important things like winning a Championship for his hometown team and launching a school.

'mon the Lakers.

edit: as for this Barella guy, I'm just consulting YouTube.  Will inform you of my considered and firmly entrenched opinion in five minutes.

Edited by Pidge

2 hours ago, Shooter in the Motor said:

Liverpool have reportedly jumped to the front of the queue to land highly-rated Tottenham target Nicolo Barella from Cagliari.

Jurgen Klopp is known to have been keeping a close eye on the Italy under-21 midfielder, who is rated at around £35million.

I don't have access to full Serie A data but the publicly available stuff suggests that this is probably just a newspaper spotting the line about Lebron and going after some clicks.

I've noticed that our genuine midfield targets lately tend to be those who have really good packing/ball progression stats, or score a lot of goals. I don't see much evidence that Barella is either. Shot numbers are nothing special, average xG/shot, overperformed his xG last season - in short, I have a feeling this story is just made up.

18 hours ago, 3 Stacks said:

I think someone on here (maybe @Nelly-Torres?) has already mentioned him, but Nicolas Pepe is an absolutely perfect attacker for us if there is an eventual need for that. Just entering his prime at 23 y.o, could play any front 3 position and has pace, dribbling ability and end product. He's also at a club (Lille) who have a clear project of selling players. 

It was me. I've only seen glimpses of him, but he looks like he has the attributes to step up a level. One to watch, for me. 

3 hours ago, Shooter in the Motor said:

The 21-year-old helped Italy finish third in the U-21 World Cup in 2017 and was called up into the senior squad last year.

Both Milan giants are also interested in signing Barella, who instead favours a move to the Premier League, according to the Sunday Express.

Tottenham, who failed to make a signing during the summer transfer window, are looking to make up for lost time by making a splash in January and are also very keen on the player.

Klopp, though, is reported to be extremely confident of landing the youngster, who has made an impressive start to the new season for his club side.

The Reds chief is looking to add to his midfield options, despite strengthening with Fabinho and Naby Keita in the summer, especially while Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain remains on the sidelines.

Klopp is also hoping to use Ragnar Klavan’s summer move to the Sardinian club to tempt Cagliari to sell.

The Estonian defender was allowed to move on deadline day for £2million, with the relationship between the two clubs said to be strong after the deal.

Barella has opened the door to a Premier League move and suggested that Anfield could be his preferred destination, with a desire on his part to meet NBA icon James.

He told Gazzetta dello Sport: “Cagliari received offers and turned them down. I am happy to have remained with the club I support.

“If I had to choose between Serie A and the Premier League, I’d go for England, because I like the way they approach the game. Plus everyone there is just as irritable and prone to fouls as me!

“My dream is to get a nice house with a garden and a pool. And to meet LeBron James.”

He has followed the club for several years and was among those in attendance as the Reds saw off Tottenham 2-1 at Wembley Stadium on Saturday.

Making a move to Merseyside could allow Barella to fulfil his dream of rubbing shoulders with James, as the 33-year-old basketball star is a regular visitor to Anfield.

'Italian' 

I'm out. 

The position we have gotten ourselves into means we should only be after players who are an improvement on their current position in our starting 11. Basically means we only need a CM and a CB. A better striker would be an advantage but if we can add 1 world class CM to that side then we are fucking nailed on for some silverwear. 

• Like 1

On 9/16/2018 at 12:15 PM, Shooter in the Motor said:

Le Bron was ringside at Canelo v GGG about 12/13 hours later, I guess it might be possible, but seems unlikely he was at Wembley to me.