You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

January 2019 Transfer Thread

AngryOfTuebrook

Reading that Origi move has collapsed.

I send Solanke up to Rangers for the year then and keep Irigi and the 3rd choice. Solanke is far from ready but needs games.

What good would sending Solanke to Rangers do? Might as well play him in the U23s or send him to the 2nd division. He needs games but he also needs to play against and with decent players to bring his game on. If he goes anywhere on loan, a bottom half Prem side or top Championship would surely be better for him and us. Apart from game time, don’t see what anyone would gain from sending him up there.

What good would sending Solanke to Rangers do? Might as well play him in the U23s or send him to the 2nd division. He needs games but he also needs to play against and with decent players to bring his game on. If he goes anywhere on loan, a bottom half Prem side or top Championship would surely be better for him and us. Apart from game time, don’t see what anyone would gain from sending him up there.

Stevie might gain a title because he'll score about 30 goals a season up there. Gives the lad a bit of confidence i suppose and throws him into the cauldron style atmosphere of the Old Firm. I like that move for him. It makes a lot of sense.

Yep

Looks likely to play in Europe. Would score goals,increases his value etc. Look at Dembele,one great season and talks of 20-30ml for him. Thohgh its gone bachwards since.

He needs to play every week and im not sure that happens in the Premier league. Championship would be fine too as long as he plsys every week. Premier league isnt doable anyway with the window shut

• Upvote 1

Stevie might gain a title because he'll score about 30 goals a season up there. Gives the lad a bit of confidence i suppose and throws him into the cauldron style atmosphere of the Old Firm. I like that move for him. It makes a lot of sense.

He wouldn't score that many up there. Dembele is a far better player as is Griffiths. r*n gers have that lad up front who scored a hat trick for them the other night who would play over solanke. I don't think he will ever make it here.

He wouldn't score that many up there. Dembele is a far better player as is Griffiths. r*n gers have that lad up front who scored a hat trick for them the other night who would play over solanke. I don't think he will ever make it here.

I think it was Noe who posted a statistical graph of Solanke's attacking stats last season and they were excellent. A lot of his chances were either good saves, incorrectly ruled out goals or fine margins. 

I'm not saying this to put the Scottish league down but i genuinely reckon he'd be mint up there. He was the player of the tournament in the U20 World Cup. 

It seems like Solanke runs a shit load. I don't have all the stats, but in the game against Burnley when Klavan got the winner Klopp said he ran 12,5km which he says is rare for a striker. That will be very important. 

https://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/jurgen-klopp-reveals-rare-thing-11802932

When you look at that level of effort and the positive impact that kind of running has for a team, his good expected goals stat, which have been posted in the past by Ne Moe and The Woolser, I think, and the fact he showed he could be a good foil to the other front players (like against Brighton at Anfield last year, for example), I don't think he's getting loaned and I think Klopp believes he has a future here. 

Behave Stig. If he can't score in Scotland where Pea Head Griffiths is the best player he won't make it as a footballer anywhere let alone here. It's a terrible league, just ask AEK and Molde.

Not many gaps in our side but when the bus is parked we really miss someone who can lash in a 30 yarder and break the deadlock. Also missing a free kick demon.

Sign Neves and that's both of those issues fucking sorted. Would be a great signing.

Neves is going to blow the title race wide open today.

Behave Stig. If he can't score in Scotland where Pea Head Griffiths is the best player he won't make it as a footballer anywhere let alone here. It's a terrible league, just ask AEK and Molde.

Tierney is the best player in Scotland but ok. You clearly didn't read my post properly.

I'd be very surprised if Solanke is even a Premiership level striker in the next few years. I think he'll end up in the championship.

I would be very surprised if this happened.

I'm not saying Solanke is going to be the next Messi, but he'll be in a top league for sure. And he's actually pretty well suited for a club like Liverpool - he won't ever score like Sturridge does but he could be a poor man's Firmino for us if he continues to improve in his pressing. 

Solanke gets into excellent positions to score, his poor goal return is down to bad finishing which all kinds of analysis shows is mostly variance/luck. By way of comparison, Suarez is a "below-average finisher" for the last 3 years (when compared to xG) but he gets into amazing positions to score a lot and that's far more important than him getting lucky on a small sample size and scoring 2-3 more than you'd expect.

Again, I don't think Solanke will ever be as good as peak Torres or Fowler or anything, but he doesn't have to be. He's already better than Origi and in my opinion is certain to be ahead of Origi in the pecking order if both stay. For that matter, I think he'll get a lot of games ahead of even Sturridge, depending on what Klopp is looking for from that position for that game.

• Upvote 1