You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

January 2019 Transfer Thread

AngryOfTuebrook

Wolfsburg striker Wout Weghorst is confident his “dream” move to Liverpool can become a reality.

After scoring 18 times in 31 Eredivisie appearances last season Weghorst made the move to the German top flight, but already he has his sights on a move to Anfield.

“I’ve dreamt of [playing for Liverpool] since childhood,” he told De Telegraaf. “If I continue to train with full commitment, I think that opportunity will come.

“Of course, something like that depends on several factors. You have to stay fit and a coach and club must see it in you, but apart from that you can create many things in life for yourself.”

The 26-year-old made his Holland debut earlier this year and he is determined to make the most of his career.

“I’ve always been surprised by the fact that people apparently don’t get everything out of it,” he added. “Sometimes I think it really is a pity that I don’t have that exceptional talent. If I had, I would probably have been able to reach the absolute top.

“I’m now going for my own personal limit, but because I don’t have that exceptional talent, I don’t know how high it will be.

“Ultimately, everyone wants to be talked about in a positive way, but my urge to reach my personal best exceeds everything.

26? Two hopes there, then.

Yep

“Sometimes I think it really is a pity that I don’t have that exceptional talent. If I had, I would probably have been able to reach the absolute top" really stood out for me - has he see us play recently?

I know we possibly don't need the player, but I'd like us to have a good look at Fekir's teammate Ndombele. He legit looks like a Keita type of player who can attack and defend brilliantly in equal measure. Hasn't scored the goals like Keita did, but he's a few years younger and less experienced. Think he could be one of those special rare talents like Keita that you'd really want in your side even if it's in an area where you are relatively strong.

Otherwise give me a player that could actually stretch defenses with pace and goal threat if Mane or Salah aren't playing like Leon Bailey. Maybe a centre back, but I think Gomez could really cement his spot as first choice, and I do like the look of Phillips.

Would prefer it if we kept him about until January to be honest.  Give him some time training with these players.  Gametime might be scarce but got to have a decent look at him and gives us an extra body for that long December we have ahead of us (which will make or break our season).

Sure we have Jones and Shaqiri looks capable of fitting into a role there as well, but still... feels like he's destined for the loan purgatory I mentioned in the other thread.

Not sure the lad is going to be good enough in this moment. At the base he does not get in ahead of Fabz, Hendo or Wiji.

In the 2 forward midfields - Keita is a lock, then there is Milner, Wiji, Lallana, Shaqiri and certainly Jones has shown far more in that role (and can double out wide.

He is a good player, but it is a very strong team - I think the fact Jones has shown some real quality is the decider for this fella.

Marko Grujic set to join Hertha Berlin on a season-long loan after agreeing extension to his #LFC contract.

Ha fuck sake had a dream last night that Celtic took him on loan. It was all part of a bigger dream and this was just a side scene in it but still. Bastard.