You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

The league 2018/19 - the PUBLIC poll

Captain

Where will we finish?  

48 members have voted

1. 1. Where will we finish?

First of all, sorry for the fuck up on the first (non-public) poll, which essentially made that thread worthless.

Please post your votes, at the end of the season we'll pat those who were right on the back.

Since the poll can't be locked at a specific time, I'll post the votes in this thread before West Ham on Sunday.

Sadly because of a combination of our atrocious "luck" and debatable depth i think it will be 4th again.

We'll be frigging amazing in attack when we are on it and we'll bum loads of teams and be the most exciting team to watch....but we'll pay when the too many injury prone players we rely on as key back up let us down and that will mean we'll drop too many soft points especially in the 3 game weeks.

We've had a decent summer but i still think we are short and we just don't have the luck we are gonna need

• Upvote 2

I'm inputting various information into SPSS to calculate all twenty league positions tweaked with my expert knowledge. Should have the full results shortly.

Early signs are promising for us and Chelsea and obviously Manchester City. I can also confirm no silverware for Everton and Burnley will be in a relegation battle.

First of all, sorry for the fuck up on the first (non-public) poll, which essentially made that thread worthless.

Please post your votes, at the end of the season we'll pat those who were right on the back.

Since the poll can't be locked at a specific time, I'll post the votes in this thread before West Ham on Sunday.

Is this so you can pull people up at the end of the season for being too optimistic, you sneering tit?

I think we'll finish second. For the first time since Rafa's reign I feel we have the quality to be champions if luck comes our way.

Our starting eleven this season is massively improved compared to last August, we have a complete new spine (Firmino aside) and a new left back.

It's strange to think about it, but how other teams approach Man C could decide the title. If Man C rack up 90+ points they will be champions again.

I both hope and think we'll mount a title challenge. It's been a long time coming.

• Upvote 1

The following put their necks on the line and voted as follows:

1st:
moof, razor, Special K, Bjornebye, lebron, Paul, Scrump, RichieJI, VladimirIlyich, Dr Nowt, ianfitz, Saintslfc13, Bernard Diomede, manwiththestick, dick sack, No2, Tj hooker, Captain Turdseye, aws

2nd:
Captain, therevivalist, House of Dirk, Jairzinho, DimReaper, pants, Strontium Dog, Bob Spunkmouse, A_S, suzy, xyzee, Bobby Hundreds, mgw100, Muy Guapo, slartibartfast, Ne Moe Imya

3rd:
lifetime fan, Rotpeter, Babb'sBurstNad, deiseach, Bridgey, sir roger, i5x, Scooby Dudek, Jack the Sipper

4th:
an tha, Grinch