Quantcast
The league 2018/19 - the PUBLIC poll - FF - Football Forum - The Liverpool Way Jump to content

Welcome to the new and improved TLW!

Some of you may experience issues logging in and will get an 'incorrect password' error. Don't worry, you haven't typed it in wrong and your password hasn't been changed. You will need to reset it though in order to log in. Click the reset password link and you will receive an email with your new temporary password. Once logged in, you need to choose a new password (or restore to your old one) otherwise you will be locked out again.

If you have an out of date email address linked to your account, then you won't receive the new password. If that's the case then you'll need to email me (dave @liverpoolway.co.uk) or send me a tweet @theliverpoolway and I'll update your password manually. 

Any other problems or questions just let me know.

Thanks

Dave

Sign in to follow this  
Captain

The league 2018/19 - the PUBLIC poll

Where will we finish?  

48 members have voted

1. 1. Where will we finish?

First of all, sorry for the fuck up on the first (non-public) poll, which essentially made that thread worthless.

Please post your votes, at the end of the season we'll pat those who were right on the back.

Since the poll can't be locked at a specific time, I'll post the votes in this thread before West Ham on Sunday.

Sadly because of a combination of our atrocious "luck" and debatable depth i think it will be 4th again.

We'll be frigging amazing in attack when we are on it and we'll bum loads of teams and be the most exciting team to watch....but we'll pay when the too many injury prone players we rely on as key back up let us down and that will mean we'll drop too many soft points especially in the 3 game weeks.

We've had a decent summer but i still think we are short and we just don't have the luck we are gonna need

• Upvote 2

I think we might win the league for the very first time.

Third.

Same.

Overhauling City is a huge ask, so I reckon this season will see us more comfortably making top four, but ultimately focussing on a decent cup run. A domestic trophy and top four is the platform this group needs.

I'm inputting various information into SPSS to calculate all twenty league positions tweaked with my expert knowledge. Should have the full results shortly.

Early signs are promising for us and Chelsea and obviously Manchester City. I can also confirm no silverware for Everton and Burnley will be in a relegation battle.

First of all, sorry for the fuck up on the first (non-public) poll, which essentially made that thread worthless.

Please post your votes, at the end of the season we'll pat those who were right on the back.

Since the poll can't be locked at a specific time, I'll post the votes in this thread before West Ham on Sunday.

Is this so you can pull people up at the end of the season for being too optimistic, you sneering tit?

Is this so you can pull people up at the end of the season for being too optimistic, you sneering tit?

Have you checked my poll threads for previous seasons?

Campiones because Klopp is God! Seriously though,our big weakness is still having the same defence(needed another CB in my view) and we still have the same GK coaches despite what has gone on since they've been here. Even so,its coming home in May.

With decent luck on the injury front I'm confident we'll finish somewhere in the top four.

• Upvote 1

3rd

Think City are too far ahead & Mourinho has done a great job in pretending United have no decent players.

I would see 3rd and a trophy as 'par'

I think we'll finish second. For the first time since Rafa's reign I feel we have the quality to be champions if luck comes our way.

Our starting eleven this season is massively improved compared to last August, we have a complete new spine (Firmino aside) and a new left back.

It's strange to think about it, but how other teams approach Man C could decide the title. If Man C rack up 90+ points they will be champions again.

I both hope and think we'll mount a title challenge. It's been a long time coming.

• Upvote 1

Chelsea look good. I know it’s only one game but quality and movement everywhere.

They looked better second half but Huddersfield were all over them for 40 minutes. Just too shit to make it count.

That said, I think they’ll be good after half a season of adjustment.

They looked better second half but Huddersfield were all over them for 40 minutes. Just too shit to make it count.

That said, I think they’ll be good after half a season of adjustment.

Cracking midfield and plenty of goals in them.

The following put their necks on the line and voted as follows:

1st:
moof, razor, Special K, Bjornebye, lebron, Paul, Scrump, RichieJI, VladimirIlyich, Dr Nowt, ianfitz, Saintslfc13, Bernard Diomede, manwiththestick, dick sack, No2, Tj hooker, Captain Turdseye, aws

2nd:
Captain, therevivalist, House of Dirk, Jairzinho, DimReaper, pants, Strontium Dog, Bob Spunkmouse, A_S, suzy, xyzee, Bobby Hundreds, mgw100, Muy Guapo, slartibartfast, Ne Moe Imya

3rd:
lifetime fan, Rotpeter, Babb'sBurstNad, deiseach, Bridgey, sir roger, i5x, Scooby Dudek, Jack the Sipper

4th:
an tha, Grinch