You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Should we remove politics from the GF?

GF + PF  

72 members have voted

1. 1. Is it time for all the political bickering threads to find a new home?

• Yes, fuck them off, they’re virtually unreadable and ruining the place.
    • No, keep them. I enjoy reading the same insults being constantly thrown around and the same discussions going round in circles.
    • I don’t care one way or the other.
  2. 2. Does Stig finger cats?

• Yes
    • No

I think updating the ignore function, as Boss said, so that you don't see quoted posts would be a great step forward. That way you could completely bypass any poster you do not wish to read. 

As an aside, how about ignore function for posters on certain forums ? I like reading certain people in the MF but have them on ignore due to their trolling on the political threads.

• Upvote 1

I think updating the ignore function, as Boss said, so that you don't see quoted posts would be a great step forward. That way you could completely bypass any poster you do not wish to read. 

As an aside, how about ignore function for posters on certain forums ? I like reading certain people in the MF but have them on ignore due to their trolling on the political threads.

Both good ideas.

If people keep quoting the forums biggest twats it becomes almost a waste of time having them on ignore.

I also like reading some posters on the ff but not the gf, and some the gf but not the ff.

Not getting drawn into politics, as peoples views are their views, but an ignore function is entirely against the basis of politics, free speech and debate. 

A head in the sand, for me, is not an option if you want to debate politics. 

Not getting drawn into politics, as peoples views are their views, but an ignore function is entirely against the basis of politics, free speech and debate. 

A head in the sand, for me, is not an option if you want to debate politics. 

I don't think that's true. By choosing to ignore someone, you're not impinging their free speech. As for debate, there's very little of that going on in any politics thread. The people who'd genuinely like to have an open-minded discussion about the issues of the day tend to swerve those threads as they're largely populated by those who've made their minds up long before they've posted. Any salient points will be disregarded, and at most refuted once enough counter evidence has been accumulated from their websites of choice, namely ones that cater to their views anyway.

Some of the best posters on this site are ones I have to actively avoid in certain threads, and a more subtle ignore function would aid discourse for those of us who don't want to interject into the slanging match of echo chambers colliding.

Just my 2p though.

• Upvote 3

The whole forum has gone pyar Brexit. Glad we got one last laugh from Col's brekkie. Great while it lasted. Like most of you lot , love a fair few of you too. I'm off to find my bird some Felix. Fuck off x

You leaving for a while, mate? I’m sure this is just a coincidence.

http://www.warringtonguardian.co.uk/news/16403160.police-hunt-naked-man-making-kitten-noises-while-hiding-in-bush-in-padgate/

• Upvote 5

• 3 years later...

It’s not the subjects that are ruining some threads, it’s some of you lot that start and continue personal vendettas, in the quest to be right as armchair experts. 

Which then spills over to other threads all over the shop. 

This place can be a bit of a cesspool for twat-ish behaviour sometimes. 

• Upvote 4