You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Should we remove politics from the GF?

GF + PF  

72 members have voted

1. 1. Is it time for all the political bickering threads to find a new home?

• Yes, fuck them off, they’re virtually unreadable and ruining the place.
    • No, keep them. I enjoy reading the same insults being constantly thrown around and the same discussions going round in circles.
    • I don’t care one way or the other.
  2. 2. Does Stig finger cats?

• Yes
    • No

Let’s face it. The political threads are bringing the GF down. Half of the threads on here these days are politically motivated and are full of the same posters having the same arguments again and again and again. I used to enjoy reading the politics threads but they jumped the shark months ago. They’re just fucking eye AIDS at the moment and have been for a while.

Some people will say you don’t have to read them. I say that’ll be much easier if they’re out of the way.

Should we put an idea to Dave, about creating a politics/current affairs forum separate from the GF?

That way, we can keep this forum the way it should be and what it used to be about. Laughs, advice, recommendations, beer, puns, toilet humour, rants, pictures of famous women and so much more.

Vote in the fucking poll.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 2

Here's a thought; if you don't like the politics threads, swerve them.

They're going through a bad patch at the moment, with the same old people chucking the same old insults at each other. But, so what?  For all I know, the same kind of stuff might be happening on the cricket or boxing or Game of Thrones threads.  I'm not interested, so I never read them.

There are only a handful of political threads anyway.  Should we pack everything off to its own little forum?  A forum for other sports?  A forum for perving at underdressed ladies?  a forum for food and drink?

Or should we keep the General Forum a bit more, y'know, general?

Stig's deffo a cat-fingerer, like.

I find them nigh on unreadable, as no one cedes any ground and there's little actual discussion going on.

However, they do throw up the odd decent insult: moof being called a "jumped up dungaree wearing wank puffin" being a recent highlight.

Do we need to take this to otterspool?

I have to admit that sometimes I'm skipping 6 or 7 threads in a row because they are either political or music based. Both are along the lines of "I like Corbyn/Radiohead" and then a riposte is "no they are shite and you are a bad wanker for saying so". It's beyond tedious when we have much more important things to talk about like preferred shitting position, whether beans should be on a full English and who would win between a monkey with a flick knife and a Gorilla with a stapler.

• Upvote 2

I think the place needs more ladies.

For me, and I've contributed to it myself, the place is a cesspit of abuse, ego, testosterone driven unwillingness to be seen to be weak or back down. Basically, the virtual version of a gang of blokes in a pub, pushing each other and beckoning "come on then" but not quite progressing to a full on rumble.

I think the place needs more ladies.

For me, and I've contributed to it myself, the place is a cesspit of abuse, ego, testosterone driven unwillingness to be seen to be weak or back down. Basically, the virtual version of a gang of blokes in a pub, pushing each other and beckoning "come on then" but not quite progressing to a full on rumble.

I’m pretty confident that a dildo being left on the bonnet of a car and a picture of a dick being sprayed on a politician’s driveway hasn’t caused that to happen in a single pub across the entire country.

It's implicitly offensive to try and talk down to people and make out that you're better than them and more intelligent. Particularly when it's patently not true.

Just my opinion.

It's explicitly offensive to assert that anyone does that, apropos of absolutely nothing.

In any case, being smarter than someone wouldn't make a person "better". You're seeing a value judgement where there isn't one.