You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Rangers F.C. Appreciation Thread 2018-19

But actually, good result, Stevie lad.

It's the power of his character more than anything else, surely?  A force of personality.  If Stevie said you could run through a brick wall because he himself has done it hundreds of time, you'd have a go.  He gets that extra 10% out of people just from being Stevie Gerrard.

The anti-Sven Goran Eriksson.

On 9/15/2018 at 9:42 AM, Numero Veinticinco said:

Celtic have done brilliantly under Rodgers. 

The only yardstick that can be used with the word 'brilliantly' is Europe and that's been pretty average at best. Celtic are doing no more than they should under Rodgers and I applaud Gerrard for actually taking on a challenge and not going for the easy job,as Rodgers did. I honestly think there will be a shift IF Rangers are prepared to give Gerrard time and a bit of money,not necessarily shitloads but enough to buy a few half decent players. I have always had Celtic as a sort of 'second team' going all the way back to their sides of the late 60s and early 70s but I am pretty apathetic about them now and think that Rangers appointment was pretty shrewd and Gerrard will fancy his chances in at least matching Rodgers in head to heads and will definitely motivate his players above and beyond their abilities. I fancy Gerrard to get much closer because it's Steven Gerrard and I reckon he will fancy his own chances with Rodgers in charge of his main rivals.

6 minutes ago, VladimirIlyich said:

The only yardstick that can be used with the word 'brilliantly' is Europe and that's been pretty average at best. Celtic are doing no more than they should under Rodgers and I applaud Gerrard for actually taking on a challenge and not going for the easy job,as Rodgers did. I honestly think there will be a shift IF Rangers are prepared to give Gerrard time and a bit of money,not necessarily shitloads but enough to buy a few half decent players. I have always had Celtic as a sort of 'second team' going all the way back to their sides of the late 60s and early 70s but I am pretty apathetic about them now and think that Rangers appointment was pretty shrewd and Gerrard will fancy his chances in at least matching Rodgers in head to heads and will definitely motivate his players above and beyond their abilities. I fancy Gerrard to get much closer because it's Steven Gerrard and I reckon he will fancy his own chances with Rodgers in charge of his main rivals.

?type=responsive-gallery-fullscreen

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, El Rojo said:

Someone's hacked Stig's account.

A competitive Rangers will mean a better Celtic in the long run.

I was genuinely apprehensive about the last old firm. Didn't know what to expect because Celtic started so poorly in the league and europe and them lot all of a sudden looked a decent side. What actually happened on the day was Men against boys. They were dogshit and Celtic should have won by 4 or 5. They are far better than last season to be fair and you can tell Gerrard has an influence on them. They battle and will scrape wins when not playing well but ultimately the players will decide his fate and their squad is largely crap. A few half decent loan signings smacks of a manager wanting a short-term victory. He wont be there for the long-run and once the cloak and dagger brigade up there at that club start getting twitchy, Gerrard will find himself very vulnerable. I don't want the man to suffer because I love him but taking that job was his own choice. It is inevitable. It is a poisoned chalice. Cunt of a club as well. 

Here we go 10 in a row. 

• Upvote 1

On 9/21/2018 at 4:52 PM, Bjornebye said:

I was genuinely apprehensive about the last old firm. Didn't know what to expect because Celtic started so poorly in the league and europe and them lot all of a sudden looked a decent side. What actually happened on the day was Men against boys. They were dogshit and Celtic should have won by 4 or 5. They are far better than last season to be fair and you can tell Gerrard has an influence on them. They battle and will scrape wins when not playing well but ultimately the players will decide his fate and their squad is largely crap. A few half decent loan signings smacks of a manager wanting a short-term victory. He wont be there for the long-run and once the cloak and dagger brigade up there at that club start getting twitchy, Gerrard will find himself very vulnerable. I don't want the man to suffer because I love him but taking that job was his own choice. It is inevitable. It is a poisoned chalice. Cunt of a club as well. 

Here we go 10 in a row. 

I reckon Stig is Steve-O

On 9/21/2018 at 4:52 PM, Bjornebye said:

Here we go 10 in a row. 

We often got beat by  Man U when we won the league during our heyday but picked up title after title while they lost to the poorer teams. If Rangers lose the old firms yet beat the likes of Hearts and Kilmarnock when Celtic don't then they could actually finish higher overall. Whatever happens from now on though Stevie is doing a crackin' job to actually shake up the Scottish top flight.