You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

West Ham(h)-PL Match Thread

LFC 6 Times

Upset so much?

Nah. Just mildly annoying to continually get half way through a sentence you've read a thousand times. Hence the polite request.

I know you were polite but others have moaned and negged! It doesn’t bother me in the slightest but each to their own!

• Replies 593
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Written him off already, eh? Typical Numero negativity.

You know, I do feel a bit negative towards him. Not because I think he's shit, but I don't think he's dynamic and agile enough, buying do like some of what he does. Maybe he's just taking time to adjust. It's quite the step up in fitness and play type.

AoT, were you married to your wife at the time of the ‘06 cup final?

Oh yes.

She went back to stay with her folks in Dagenham for the weekend, because she couldn't stand the thought of being in Liverpool for the Final.  (I stayed here and watched it in the pub.)  Her dad and one of her brothers went to the Final.  Her other brother had all the rest of the family round to watch the match.  As the clock ticked towards 90 minutes, he taunted the football gods by saying "I can't believe we're going to win the FA Cup."  She says she barely had time to scream "SHUT UP YOU DICKHEAD" before... well, we all know what happened next.  

She still blames her brother for that.

Also, she's still cross at me for it.  She thinks it's just being selfish, because we've won loads of trophies, we should have let them have at least that one.

• Upvote 5

Oh yes.

She went back to stay with her folks in Dagenham for the weekend, because she couldn't stand the thought of being in Liverpool for the Final. (I stayed here and watched it in the pub.) Her dad and one of her brothers went to the Final. Her other brother had all the rest of the family round to watch the match. As the clock ticked towards 90 minutes, he taunted the football gods by saying "I can't believe we're going to win the FA Cup." She says she barely had time to scream "SHUT UP YOU DICKHEAD" before... well, we all know what happened next.

She still blames her brother for that.

Also, she's still cross at me for it. She thinks it's just being selfish, because we've won loads of trophies, we should have let them have at least that one.

They shared the charity shield with us in 1964...what more do they want!

• Upvote 2