Quantcast
West Ham(h)-PL Match Thread - FF - Football Forum - The Liverpool Way Jump to content

Welcome to the new and improved TLW!

Some of you may experience issues logging in and will get an 'incorrect password' error. Don't worry, you haven't typed it in wrong and your password hasn't been changed. You will need to reset it though in order to log in. Click the reset password link and you will receive an email with your new temporary password. Once logged in, you need to choose a new password (or restore to your old one) otherwise you will be locked out again.

If you have an out of date email address linked to your account, then you won't receive the new password. If that's the case then you'll need to email me (dave @liverpoolway.co.uk) or send me a tweet @theliverpoolway and I'll update your password manually. 

Any other problems or questions just let me know.

Thanks

Dave

Sign in to follow this  
LFC 5 Times

West Ham(h)-PL Match Thread

So here we are, about to embark on another PL season, perhaps the most positive the fan base has ever felt about a forthcoming season. We have looked the business in pre season and I really hope the heart break of Kiev can be a catalyst for success this season.

Goes without saying, that this game is absolutely massive, it's about setting the tone and we all know how important momentum is particularly for this club. Our opponents we spanked twice last season 8-2 on aggregate, and alongside ourselves have been the big spenders in the league, they've bought some very nice technical footballers in Anderson, Yarmalenko, Wilshere and Fabinanski is a very good goalkeeper in my opinion. Appointing Pellegrini is a huge leap from David Moyes, a real attempt to play the fabled "West Ham Way." I see this as the perfect fixture for us West Ham will most likely be very disjointed given the amount of new players as well as trying to implement a new style and Klopp has regularly had the measure of Pellegrini's sides. I can see us putting 4 or 5 past them and on we will march.

Keep doing what we're good at, and be a LOT better at doing the things we weren't so good at. And do all this in EVERY game no matter who starts.

Can see this being a much tougher fixture than most are expecting. West Ham have bought very well and appointed a proper manager. Of course, we can beat anyone at home, and hopefully their signings will need time to bed in, but I would take 1-0 now if I'm honest.

So here we are, about to embark on another PL season, perhaps the most positive the fan base has ever felt about a forthcoming season. We have looked the business in pre season and I really hope the heart break of Kiev can be a catalyst for success this season.

Goes without saying, that this game is absolutely massive, it's about setting the tone and we all know how important momentum is particularly for this club. Our opponents we spanked twice last season 8-2 on aggregate, and alongside ourselves have been the big spenders in the league, they've bought some very nice technical footballers in Anderson, Yarmalenko, Wilshere and Fabinanski is a very good goalkeeper in my opinion. Appointing Pellegrini is a huge leap from David Moyes, a real attempt to play the fabled "West Ham Way." I see this as the perfect fixture for us West Ham will most likely be very disjointed given the amount of new players as well as trying to implement a new style and Klopp has regularly had the measure of Pellegrini's sides. I can see us putting 4 or 5 past them and on we will march.

We expected to win the league and at least one cup competition every season in the 80s.

It will be tough. I foresee 0-0 at half-time and then 2-0 full time with our 2nd goal coming in the last 5 mins to finally ease tensions.

Expecting to see bubbles followed by tears and predictions of what we'll twat the next team. Followed by a draw/loss against relegation fodder. 

Hopefully all the new players they've bought take a few weeks to bed in, just in time for when they play our potential rivals .

Any chance you could go into your Tapatalk settings and turn off your signature, mate?

Why do these signatures upset people so much?

They have a good manager and players like Anderson, Arnautovic and Antonio that can hurt us on the counter, so it's not the easiest first game. But the way we're playing and the fact it's at Anfield will get us the W. 

Saturday - I shall be the perfect husband, treating my darling West Ham-supporting wife to everything she wants for her birthday.

Sunday - We'll obliterate them and then...

giphy.gif

• Upvote 1

If we score more goals than the opposition in every game we play, we have a chance of winning the league.

Why do these signatures upset people so much?

Upset so much?

Nah. Just mildly annoying to continually get half way through a sentence you've read a thousand times. Hence the polite request.