You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Intellectual Dark Web

aRdja

7 minutes ago, viRdjil said:

I’d a actually argue the least ‘nutty’ thing about him is his Jewishness.

Ive listened to him a few times, it’s the root of most of his beliefs IMO. He certainly believes that more religion, specifically Judaism, would make the world a much better place.  

59 minutes ago, Rico1304 said:

Ive listened to him a few times, it’s the root of most of his beliefs IMO. He certainly believes that more religion, specifically Judaism, would make the world a much better place.  

Using Judaism as an excuse for abuse,torture and murder goes down a treat in the Middle East. And Islam,in some cases too. What could possibly go wrong?

• 3 weeks later...

He has been well and truly exposed as a fraud. I can’t speak to his continuing relevance because I’m sure he still has some idiot fans, and people who’ve just read and enjoyed his book and stuff, but he’s been shown up as a very not serious person who shouldn’t be taken seriously. 

• Upvote 1

45 minutes ago, Numero Veinticinco said:

He is still relevant and, given some of the things you've said before (stabbings, etc), those claimed require evidence. 

Peterson: Here’s a rule. How about no makeup in the workplace?

Vice: Why should that be a rule?

Peterson: Why should you wear makeup in the workplace? Isn’t that sexually provocative? 

Vice: No

Peterson: It’s not?

Peterson: Well what is it then? What’s the purpose of makeup?

Vice: (unclear) like to just put on makeup, just to…

Peterson: Why? Why do you make your lips red? Because they turn red during sexual arousal. That’s why. Why do you put rouge on your cheeks? Same reason. How about high heels? They’re there to exaggerate sexual attractiveness. That’s what high heels do. Now, I’m not saying people shouldn’t use sexual displays in the workplace, I’m not saying that. But I am saying that that is what they’re doing, and that IS what they’re doing.

Vice: Do you feel like a serious woman who doesn’t want sexual harassment in the workplace, do you feel like if she wears makeup in the workplace, is being somewhat hypocritical?

Jordan Peterson: Yeah. I do think that.

The whole interview is a carcrash, but the specific part is 5 minutes in. I hope that’s sufficient for you NV.

27 minutes ago, moof said:

Christ, I remember that. The interviewer was literally laughing in his face at some of the nonsense he was coming out with.

There’s no way to prove this but I feel that he’s contributed to the recent rise of incel violence we’ve witnessed in the past few years. 

2 hours ago, viRdjil said:

Peterson: Why should you wear makeup in the workplace? Isn’t that sexually provocative? 

Peterson: Why? Why do you make your lips red? Because they turn red during sexual arousal. That’s why. Why do you put rouge on your cheeks? Same reason. How about high heels? They’re there to exaggerate sexual attractiveness. That’s what high heels do. Now, I’m not saying people shouldn’t use sexual displays in the workplace, I’m not saying that. But I am saying that that is what they’re doing, and that IS what they’re doing.

Vice: Do you feel like a serious woman who doesn’t want sexual harassment in the workplace, do you feel like if she wears makeup in the workplace, is being somewhat hypocritical?

The whole interview is a carcrash, but the specific part is 5 minutes in. I hope that’s sufficient for you NV.

Well, it’s sufficient to say he’s not blamed the victims of rape, yes. 

I somehow don't think this would stand in court as evidence that he is blaming the rape victims.

2 minutes ago, SasaS said:

This is a joke right, not the beginning of another 3-page debate over literalities?

Erm. Happy to discuss the intricacies of his comments instead if you like. Do you agree with him that if you wear make-up then you’re essentially asking for it?

• Upvote 1

Just now, viRdjil said:

Erm. Happy to discuss the intricacies of his comments instead if you like. Do you agree with him that if you wear make-up then you’re essentially asking for it?

That’s exactly where his line of thought leads. It’s not a very subtle implication 

There’s no way to prove this but I feel that he’s contributed to the recent rise of incel violence we’ve witnessed in the past few years. 

I suspect so, as well. At the absolute least he has helped pave the road for this toxic culture to gain traction 

• Upvote 1