You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Intellectual Dark Web

aRdja

Does it really seem weird to you that I hold you to a standard that you expect from others? I’m sure it does seem weird that I believe you should be consistent, despite your political biases. You’re so incredibly partisan, I suspect it feels like an alien concept. So, let me decipher the enigma code of a post that I posted before, in plain English. I’ll really drill down so you can’t feign ignorance. 

In the Corbyn thread, you equated those under investigation as legitimate cases of antisemitism and called them racists. Okay, fine. You’ve decided to take the fact that somebody has complained as conclusive evidence that the accused are guilty of racism without having seen all the claims or have any way of knowing the veracity if those claims. Fine. You’ve set the standard for evidence on that. 

But wait! You don’t want to jump the gun on this, despite him saying ‘don’t expect me to have a debate with one of your faggots [I can’t be bothered, mumble, mumble] maybe you’re just acting liking a nigger. White people dont act like this. White people are meant to be polite and respectful to each other and you guys can’t even act like white people’. 

Are you fucking kidding me? Nobody is asking you to bet your life. The double standard is there for everyone to see. You know it too, it’s not a random act. You’ve chosen to believe some claims because of your bias, anti-Corbyn, anti-Labour, but you want to hold fire despite an actual recording of him saying what I quoted. You said you’re much less judgmental than most people. No. This is a completely false assertion. You are less judgmental when you don’t like the outcome of judgement. You’re very judgmental when you want to make the judgment play in favour of your bias. 

And in what way way is this ‘carefully edited’? As far as I can tell, it is an excerpt not a carefully edited concoction. Even then, what is it about the sentence I just quoted that is going to be changed by listening to the rest. Unless it turns out he is reading his new screenplay or something incredibly unlikely, surely to God we can all agree that quote is clearly racist. It’s actually a brilliant example of what it actually means to be racist. If you’re not willing to do that, why not hold the same standard for Labour?

And to further clarify, Rico is defending and apologising for SOA. He did it before he heard the clip, and he did it after. Anybody who is unwilling to make a call on what he said, even with the proviso of ‘if there is some unlikely context which changes the meaning of his rant’, is in very murky water as far as I’m concerned. You should pick your allies more carefully. He’s a shit bag. You know what they say about lying down with dogs. 

• Upvote 3

13 minutes ago, Numero Veinticinco said:

Does it really seem weird to you that I hold you to a standard that you expect from others? I’m sure it does seem weird that I believe you should be consistent, despite your political biases. You’re so incredibly partisan, I suspect it feels like an alien concept. So, let me decipher the enigma code of a post that I posted before, in plain English. I’ll really drill down so you can’t feign ignorance. 

In the Corbyn thread, you equated those under investigation as legitimate cases of antisemitism and called them racists. Okay, fine. You’ve decided to take the fact that somebody has complained as conclusive evidence that the accused are guilty of racism without having seen all the claims or have any way of knowing the veracity if those claims. Fine. You’ve set the standard for evidence on that.

Erm, no, the evidence is all over Twitter for many of them. I see them literally every day. I've posted quite a few here. Then there is the leaked internal dossier of 45 cases, 21 of which are so serious they should have been referred to the police. I struggle to understand what innocent context a phrase like "We shall rid the Jews who are cancer on us all" might have, but - hey - maybe I should give them the benefit of the doubt?

As to why a mixed race person like SOA may use a term like nigger in the way he did - I don't know, he could be using the term in much the same way Chris Rock did in his famous routine. Maybe he really is doing what Rico said, and turning the word back on the alt-righters in an extremely misguided attempt at reclaiming it from them. After all, I think it's taken as read that he wasn't using that term against any black person. As I said, I'd like to hear the full context before I grab my torch and pitchfork.

Frankly I don't care about any of it that much and I don't understand why anyone else does either. Giving attention to idiots like Sargon is what legitimises and drives them.

• Downvote 1

16 minutes ago, Strontium Dog said:

Erm, no, the evidence is all over Twitter for many of them. I see them literally every day. I've posted quite a few here. Then there is the leaked internal dossier of 45 cases, 21 of which are so serious they should have been referred to the police. I struggle to understand what innocent context a phrase like "We shall rid the Jews who are cancer on us all" might have, but - hey - maybe I should give them the benefit of the doubt?

So actually a couple of dozen out of the hundreds and hundreds. Okay, so it’s just the majority you’re blindly calling racist. Fine. And no, you shouldn’t give them the benefit of the doubt. You should call anybody out, regardless of the unlikely possibility of some mitigating factor. You know, like somebody else typed it or it was a hacker or any other bullshit. No, you should do what I do and call that person a racist. If you think my point was to give racists a break, you didn’t read my post. You should, as I clearly said, apply that uniformly. But you haven’t. You’ve given SOA the benefit of the doubt. 

17 minutes ago, Strontium Dog said:

As to why a mixed race person like SOA may use a term like nigger in the way he did - I don't know, he could be using the term in much the same way Chris Rock did in his famous routine. Maybe he really is doing what Rico said, and turning the word back on the alt-righters in an extremely misguided attempt at reclaiming it from them. After all, I think it's taken as read that he wasn't using that term against any black person. As I said, I'd like to hear the full context before I grab my torch and pitchfork.

This is an absolute joke. A mixed race person. Fuck. Me. We are all mixed race by that definition. What an absolute joke. He is 1/8th mixed race and 7/8th Caucasian. He has a less than 25% of chance of inheriting any of those physical traits at all. The same way you get people who are 1/4 Asian but have blonde hair, blue eyes, and white skin. And you only need to take one glance at him to know that saying he could have been using it in the same way as Chris Rock did is fucking ridiculous, but you also just have to listen to what he’s actually saying. It’s racist apology. But okay, you want to hear what context him saying ‘you’re acting like a nigger. White people dont act like this.’ Is said in. Good for you. Do it for those you’re calling a racist without ever having seen any of the complaints. What an absolute joke. 

‘I love niggas, but I hate niggers’ said Chris Rock, pictured below. 

sargon-misinformation.jpg

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, rico1304 said:

Or, context is key.  

I think SOA is a dick, happy to ignore him like I ignore dicks on here. But as ever consistency is key.  PeterofNorway quoted above has been shown to condone the same ‘racist’ language but because he’s a good guy it’s ok.  

Is this meant to be a salient counterpoint? Congratulations, your particular brand of intellectual mediocrity has me totally confused.

12 minutes ago, Hades said:

None of these IDW guys are racist. They're grifters doing it to be edgy. The alt-right has its fair share of racists, but these guys are more contrarians than anything.

So I’m racist for quoting them saying something but they’re not racist for saying it?

*puffs cheeks*

Okay. Yep. 

7 hours ago, Numero Veinticinco said:

So actually a couple of dozen out of the hundreds and hundreds. Okay, so it’s just the majority you’re blindly calling racist. Fine. And no, you shouldn’t give them the benefit of the doubt. You should call anybody out, regardless of the unlikely possibility of some mitigating factor. You know, like somebody else typed it or it was a hacker or any other bullshit. No, you should do what I do and call that person a racist. If you think my point was to give racists a break, you didn’t read my post. You should, as I clearly said, apply that uniformly. But you haven’t. You’ve given SOA the benefit of the doubt. 

This is an absolute joke. A mixed race person. Fuck. Me. We are all mixed race by that definition. What an absolute joke. He is 1/8th mixed race and 7/8th Caucasian. He has a less than 25% of chance of inheriting any of those physical traits at all. The same way you get people who are 1/4 Asian but have blonde hair, blue eyes, and white skin. And you only need to take one glance at him to know that saying he could have been using it in the same way as Chris Rock did is fucking ridiculous, but you also just have to listen to what he’s actually saying. It’s racist apology. But okay, you want to hear what context him saying ‘you’re acting like a nigger. White people dont act like this.’ Is said in. Good for you. Do it for those you’re calling a racist without ever having seen any of the complaints. What an absolute joke. 

‘I love niggas, but I hate niggers’ said Chris Rock, pictured below. 

sargon-misinformation.jpg

He certainly looks mixed raced. Where are his parents from? Iceland and Finland?

• Upvote 4

I don't know why you folks bother with these shite podcasts etc. 

As I don't, I don't really follow what's happening in this topic. 

What I've taken away from the past few pages is that the Organ Grinder and his monkey have revealed that it's not just them muzzies that they hate, they've also got it in for the blacks. 

Am I right? 

40 minutes ago, Nelly-Torres said:

I don't know why you folks bother with these shite podcasts etc. 

As I don't, I don't really follow what's happening in this topic. 

What I've taken away from the past few pages is that the Organ Grinder and his monkey have revealed that it's not just them muzzies that they hate, they've also got it in for the blacks. 

Am I right? 

The most racist post on this thread. 

You should be ashamed. 

37 minutes ago, Anubis said:

I think that there are clearly self-esteem issues with people who take to the internet and name themselves after emperors or ancient gods....

Oh he’s dick alright.  Big virgin who was banned from Twitter a few years. He did the rounds on podcasts but was soon found out and went right right right to protect his revenue.