You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Intellectual Dark Web

aRdja

8 hours ago, rico1304 said:

Not like you to jump in without the facts. 

Akkad was banned for using the n-word in a rant against the far right, calling out its use as shit. (Akkad is almost the biggest virgin on the Internet after  Not left enough for Patreon.  Imagine a bank choosing its customers on political grounds. 

I think you’ve mistaken the opportunistic use of a Shakespeare quote for a bit of mild ribbing with me actually giving a toss about Harris or Sargon of Akkad. I care not a jot whether they stay on Patreon, are kicked off, or leave. Having once had the misfortune to listen to ten minutes of old Sargon’s musings, I found him not to my taste and have pretty much ignored him since.

So, when he said ‘you’re acting like niggers; white niggers. What you saying black people are like is how you’re acting’ is bad enough, but the last line could have been portrayed as him throwing back their own stupid opinions at the alt right. Fortunately, that excuse was completely taken away from him at the end when he said ‘you’re acting like niggers, white people dont act this way, white people are supposed to be polite...’ 

That is racist as fuck and he’s clearly a racist. I don’t know if the claims that Sam Harris left Patreon specifically because of this are true, but if they are, then he’s even more of a twat than I thought. If it’s for a number of things, he’s just the twat I thought he was. 

• Upvote 2

9 hours ago, rico1304 said:

Not like you to jump in without the facts. 

Akkad was banned for using the n-word in a rant against the far right, calling out its use as shit. (Akkad is almost the biggest virgin on the Internet after  Not left enough for Patreon.  Imagine a bank choosing its customers on political grounds. 

Yes. Now we’ve heard the facts for ourselves, it looks like you’re an apologist for a racist and for racism. 

• Upvote 1

19 minutes ago, Hades said:

Some people also think typing out the n word is a deliberately racist, provocative act. Who sets the line?

Well, we're really lucky because these terms have properly established definitions; we don't have to listen to silly stories about typing a word being racist. Or, in my case above, quoting somebody else. You know, like they do in court... and dictionaries. I'd suggest anybody thinking that should both grow up and educate themselves. 

4 minutes ago, Numero Veinticinco said:

Well, we're really lucky because these terms have properly established definitions; we don't have to listen to silly stories about typing a word being racist. Or, in my case above, quoting somebody else. You know, like they do in court... and dictionaries. I'd suggest anybody thinking that should both grow up and educate themselves. 

Netflix clearly doesn't agree. If you went into a black neighbourhood in the US and used that argument, you might be besieged by people acting in the very way your word describes. Which argument would you choose then?

• Downvote 1

4 minutes ago, Hades said:

Netflix clearly doesn't agree. If you went into a black neighbourhood in the US and used that argument, you might be besieged by people acting in the very way your word describes. Which argument would you choose then?

I'll chose the one where Netflix doesn't dictate the meaning of words, nor some fantastical scenario that you just offered that judges black people as a homogenous blob of people with the inability to have an intelligent discussion. It's funny that you, a racist and islamophobe, are fighting the good fight about quoting a word. Accurately. 

Stop being a buffoon. 

• Upvote 4

51 minutes ago, moof said:

Can anyone decipher this?

After extensive analysis of all the linguistic and semantic permutations of the aforementioned statement, I can only come to one conclusion.

The syphilis has spread to the brain.

1 hour ago, Em City said:

After extensive analysis of all the linguistic and semantic permutations of the aforementioned statement, I can only come to one conclusion.

The syphilis has spread to the brain.

Or, context is key.  

I think SOA is a dick, happy to ignore him like I ignore dicks on here. But as ever consistency is key.  PeterofNorway quoted above has been shown to condone the same ‘racist’ language but because he’s a good guy it’s ok.  

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 2

What a cock. A racist apologist cock. I’ve no idea who PeterOfNorway is, he could be the second coming of Hitler for all I know. You made up, like you make most things up because you’re an idiot and a liar, the whole ‘it’s okay cause he’s nice’ thing. The point you’re unable to grasp, because you haven’t yet listened to it in a podcast, is that there’s audio of him saying ‘you’re acting like niggers, white people dont act this way’. You said that is a hit against the right. Racist cunt, both him and you. 

• Upvote 3

Just now, Strontium Dog said:

Always wary of judging anyone based on 90 seconds of audio taken out of the context of what is obviously a much longer discussion. But I learned a long time ago that I am much less judgmental than most people.

Quote mining? In this place? How dare you sir!

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 3

2 minutes ago, Strontium Dog said:

Always wary of judging anyone based on 90 seconds of audio taken out of the context of what is obviously a much longer discussion. But I learned a long time ago that I am much less judgmental than most people.

Yeah, you’re definitely not judgmental. Tarring people as racist without evidence, calling people an antisemite because he had a pop at a Zionist. Yet you are wary of calling out SOA who is bang to rights. 

What a joke. You and your racist cunt ally, your only ally on here, have zero credibility left. 

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, Numero Veinticinco said:

Yeah, you’re definitely not judgmental. Tarring people as racist without evidence, calling people an antisemite because he had a pop at a Zionist. Yet you are wary of calling out SOA who is bang to rights. 

What a joke. You and your racist cunt ally, your only ally on here, have zero credibility left. 

I wish I knew what you were talking about, but I gave up trying to decipher people here a long time ago.

It wouldn't surprise me in the slightest if SOA was a racist. Sue me if I'm not prepared to bet my life on it based on a carefully edited extract of a much longer exchange.

You're really weird sometimes.