You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Intellectual Dark Web

aRdja

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Karl_b said:

Good article, that. His last book "A Brief History of Everyone That Ever Lived", is great. 

And his review of AN Wilson's Darwin book is worth a read.

https://whyevolutionistrue.wordpress.com/2017/09/08/more-reaction-to-a-n-wilsons-new-biography-of-darwin/

1 hour ago, moof said:

My main take away from that is that we should adopt the Hyena model of hierarchy. Interesting read, though. I’m glad of any material that exposes the level of charlatanry exhibited by this fucking fool. 

Peterson seems strong in some areas, where I’ve listened to him and totally agreed. The more he seems to branch out, the worse it seems. 

• 2 months later...

What a piece of work is a Sam! How noble in reason! How infinite in faculty! In form and moving how express and admirable! In action how like an angel! In apprehension how like a god! The beauty of the world! The paragon of animals!

And yet, to me, what is this quintessence of dust? Sam delights not me....

32 minutes ago, Anubis said:

What a piece of work is a Sam! How noble in reason! How infinite in faculty! In form and moving how express and admirable! In action how like an angel! In apprehension how like a god! The beauty of the world! The paragon of animals!

And yet, to me, what is this quintessence of dust? Sam delights not me....

Not like you to jump in without the facts. 

Akkad was banned for using the n-word in a rant against the far right, calling out its use as shit. (Akkad is almost the biggest virgin on the Internet after  Not left enough for Patreon.  Imagine a bank choosing its customers on political grounds. 

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

1 hour ago, rico1304 said:

Not like you to jump in without the facts. 

Akkad was banned for using the n-word in a rant against the far right, calling out its use as shit. (Akkad is almost the biggest virgin on the Internet after  Not left enough for Patreon.  Imagine a bank choosing its customers on political grounds. 

I read this far more times than it warranted and I can't really see any facts or indeed anything that makes any sense at all. 

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, cloggypop said:

I read this far more times than it warranted and I can't really see any facts or indeed anything that makes any sense at all. 

Ask Sam Harris to simplify it using one of his ‘thought experiments’. That’s always fun.