You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Intellectual Dark Web

aRdja

2 minutes ago, viRdjil said:

Didn’t he actively recruit for an extremist organisation that’s is banned in several countries around the world for being too extreme? An organisation that calls for the destruction of all Jews for example.

Erm, no. It's banned throughout the Muslim world, but legal in most Western countries, which puts it on a similar foothold to gay marriage. Their credo is a non-violent one, and there is nothing to remotely justify labelling them, or their former members, as terrorists.

Mad how he hasn't sued Tommy Robinson or The Telegraph yet. This is from 6 years ago:

"They don’t say that to Maajid Nawaz today. He was in Hizb-ut-Tahrir, he did six years [in prison] in Egypt for terrorism. You know, and I find stories like that inspiring."

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/politics/10389954/Who-is-the-real-Tommy-Robinson.html

3 minutes ago, Strontium Dog™ said:

Erm, no. It's banned throughout the Muslim world, but legal in most Western countries, which puts it on a similar foothold to gay marriage. Their credo is a non-violent one, and there is nothing to remotely justify labelling them, or their former members, as terrorists.

It’s been linked to the bombing in Bali in early 00s SD.  According to the BBC; “its website promotes racism and anti-Semitic hatred, calls suicide bombers martyrs, and urges Muslims to kill Jewish people.” So yeah... errr... gay marriage something something. lol

7 minutes ago, moof said:

Really surprising to see stronts and Rico defend this guy who was a terrorist recruiter for an extremist organisation, whereas, you know, Corbyn is the devil or something. By surprising I mean hilarious. 

To be fair to them, as I understand, he renounced his past and is not in the running to become a PM.

• Upvote 2

23 minutes ago, moof said:

Really surprising to see stronts and Rico defend this guy who was a terrorist recruiter for an extremist organisation, whereas, you know, Corbyn is the devil or something. By surprising I mean hilarious. 

Bizarro world. Nothing to do with him being a ‘reformed’ Lib Dems candidate of course. Awks.

1 minute ago, viRdjil said:

Trolololol.. should vote Labour if he’s skint. Pathetic cunt. Stick to recruitment.

I think that’s why he’s doing this.  The £3m he got from the Southern Poverty Law Centre after they libelled him means it’s quite lucrative.  Thought you’d know that.  

2 minutes ago, Rico1304 said:

I think that’s why he’s doing this.  The £3m he got from the Southern Poverty Law Centre after they libelled him means it’s quite lucrative.  Thought you’d know that.  

Lol.. the biggest snowflake in the land. So embarrassed for him and his fans.

2 minutes ago, Strontium Dog™ said:

Snowflake? The work he does means that labelling him as a terrorist/extremist/Islamaphobe etc puts him in real personal danger and also harms his business.

Ride it out. In a market place of ideas, the truth will prevail.

8 minutes ago, viRdjil said:

Lol.. the biggest snowflake in the land. So embarrassed for him and his fans.

For someone who seems to see the world so literally I fail to understand why you don’t apply the same standards.  

Say I tweet that you are a shit accountant, your wife is a shit Dr (I think she’s a Dr right?) and that then means your job falls through.  Or someone Google’s your name and the tweet comes up and that means you can’t get a job anywhere. Or someone calls you a terrorist, and you can’t get a visa to Oz.  

8 minutes ago, Strontium Dog™ said:

Snowflake? The work he does means that labelling him as a terrorist/extremist/Islamaphobe etc puts him in real personal danger and also harms his business.

Bastani’s defence will be really interesting. I bet he settles and prints an apology and some donation tonQuilliam.