You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Intellectual Dark Web

aRdja

I thoroughly enjoy that his ex-wife has taken away his kids. If he didn't have to appear in court, I would have had no idea he lived like 30mins from me.

https://www.statesman.com/news/state--regional-govt--politics/verdict-wife-alex-jones-wins-joint-custody-after-bitter-trial/gsbA2MrX3pSmoEsexz7oeL/

Just to be clear, this is about Alex Jones.

I've said it before: I hope that scene looked just like the divorce court scene in JCVD, with the wifes lawyer simply showing all the stuff Jones has said and done.

The term alt right itself is a load of bollocks, an attempt to normalize something by the media something which should never be normalised. They're racist/fascist nothing less.

And sexist. It's just a bunch of whining wheezing assholes who are pissed that there is any chance the tables won't be wholly tipped in the favor of white men. They cant even abide anyone else getting the tiniest sliver of the pie, because they view white men as the sole inheritors of power.

• Upvote 2

And sexist. It's just a bunch of whining wheezing assholes who are pissed that there is any chance the tables won't be wholly tipped in the favor of white men. They cant even abide anyone else getting the tiniest sliver of the pie, because they view white men as the sole inheritors of power.

I think it's far more sinister than that to be honest.

Someone said to me once that fascism is the violent reaction of the ruling class when their position of power is under threat.

Neoliberalism worked for them when it did, and when they fucked it up it should have resulted in more left wing politics, but it's been (and is being) snuffed out and right wing cuntery is emerging to keep us all at each other's throats and not at those who really deserve it.

Who backs Trump? The republicans. The establishment. Look at the likes of Boris Johnson? Can't get any more establishment than that.

• Upvote 3

I think it's far more sinister than that to be honest.

Someone said to me once that fascism is the violent reaction of the ruling class when their position of power is under threat.

Neoliberalism worked for them when it did, and when they fucked it up it should have resulted in more left wing politics, but it's been (and is being) snuffed out and right wing cuntery is emerging to keep us all at each other's throats and not at those who really deserve it.

Who backs Trump? The republicans. The establishment. Look at the likes of Boris Johnson? Can't get any more establishment than that.

I suppose that's fair. I try to temper my political opinions when I have conversations because of where I live, and how much of my very close family is Republican, but it's getting harder and harder to not respond to my grandfather's praise for Trump and Cruz with "Down with the bourgeois, Roll out the Guillotine!" I think it might upset my mom, and I've almost got her on my side when it comes to understanding the evils of the right.

I guess I'm more referring to the AltRight's rank and file. The Tiki Torch boys and what not.

10 years ago, I used to work with a guy that hung on Jones's every word. Some of it was pretty harmless conspiracy nonsense but there was some pretty nasty shit mixed in there and the guy was a bit of a loon. He used to hand out DVDs and leaflets to us; I once started watching one of the DVDs but lasted 5 minutes.

I'm with Section here, the term 'alt right' is normalising facism. The trickle effect in that becoming acceptable in the mainstream is that it creates an environment were people think it's ok to behave that way.

Most of the people in that article are on the left, at most liberal. Including the gay married bloke.

I can’t listen to Shapiro, Peterson is a religious nut job who has a knack of knocking over leftie SJW arguments with facts. I like Joe Rogan, his podcasts are brilliant for introducing me to new ideas with real experts (although some dicks on here don’t like him as he’s not as clever as them). Sam Harris is a wonderful husband.

Most of the people in that article are on the left, at most liberal. Including the gay married bloke.

I can’t listen to Shapiro, Peterson is a religious nut job who has a knack of knocking over leftie SJW arguments with facts. I like Joe Rogan, his podcasts are brilliant for introducing me to new ideas with real experts (although some dicks on here don’t like him as he’s not as clever as them). Sam Harris is a wonderful husband.

I suppose it depends on your politics.. they all figure prominently on the Conservative Network channel for example. Maybe not Rogan, but certainly Shapiro, Peterson and Sam Harris... along with people like Ann Coulter, Tami Lauren, etc.

I suppose it depends on your politics.. they all figure prominently on the Conservative Network channel for example. Maybe not Rogan, but certainly Shapiro, Peterson and Sam Harris... along with people like Ann Coulter, Tami Lauren, etc.

Weinstein taught at one of the most left leaning colleges in the US, Harris holds left leaning views on most things as does Rubin. They are a million miles from Coulter and crew.

Weinstein taught at one of the most left leaning colleges in the US, Harris holds left leaning views on most things as does Rubin. They are a million miles from Coulter and crew.

I think David Rubin would be offended if you call him a leftie. His whole schtick is about mocking the left..

A compelling debate between Ezra Klein of Vox and one of the IDW leaders, Sam Harris, on the controversial topic of race and intelligence.

https://www.vox.com/2018/4/9/17210248/sam-harris-ezra-klein-charles-murray-transcript-podcast

Quick background: Sam Harris is a supporter of Charles Murray’s Bell Curve, which argues that there’s an unbridgeable gap in intelligence between different races in the US (and the world) and the government should stop all programs to redress racial inequality. Ezra Klein called him out on it. They went back and forth on Twitter, and this was meant to be their ‘showdown’, for lack of better a word.