Anny Road

Female Vocalists

14 minutes ago, KMD7 said:

I like Alison Krause, love her version of Baby Now That I've Found You.

Brandi Carlile is a current favourite of mine, she is outstanding and one for the ages for sure.  Everyone should look her up cos I don't know how to stick videos in.

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, Moo said:

I like Alison Krause, love her version of Baby Now That I've Found You.

Brandi Carlile is a current favourite of mine, she is outstanding and one for the ages for sure.  Everyone should look her up cos I don't know how to stick videos in.

Yeah Alison is great. 

If you go to one of Brandi's vids on you tube and copy the link it you can just paste it directly onto your post on here and it should embed. Will check her out.

This one?

20 minutes ago, KMD7 said:

23 minutes ago, KMD7 said:

Yeah Alison is great. 

If you go to one of Brandi's vids on you tube and copy the link it you can just paste it directly onto your post on here and it should embed. Will check her out.

This one?

That's the one.

Let's give this one a go, Brandi Carlile - Party of One:

• Upvote 1

It took me some time to get into Joni Mitchell but it was worth it. Her mid-late 70s albums are stupendous...

• Upvote 1

50 minutes ago, AngryofTuebrook said:

Utterly lovely, that.

Here she is with Gillian Welch and Emmylou Harris. 

Fantastic AOT. 

Went to Live at Leeds - a day of live music at 20-odd venues around the city - a few years ago, probably 2016 ish and we hadn’t heard of most of the acts during the daytime so just split things up to go to as many different venues as we could and see a cross section of stuff. 

anyway, about tea time we saw a woman called Chloe Black at Belgrave Music Hall and her voice absolutely filled the room and she was wonderful. I was pissed, and at the time generally ‘filled’ with a hollow lack of self worth, but there and then I very slightly fell in love with that woman and her wonderful voice.

here she is…

edit: turns out she’s started adding bad raps into her songs, and all of a sudden in a puff of snake the love affair is over.

anyway, here’s the original rapless version of the song I posted just now, which is still good.

On 16/09/2020 at 23:26, Mook said:

It took me some time to get into Joni Mitchell but it was worth it. Her mid-late 70s albums are stupendous...

Love her 70's stuff

On 10/09/2020 at 18:13, KMD7 said:

I remember when I first seen her  on Pebble Mill at One of all things  must be about the 30 years ago  she was superb with her band who were called Union Station I think?