You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Liverpool Loanees - 2018-19

Bad Red Bull

Haha, Dynamite is stealing my thunder and doing my job so am in the sidelines lurking the forums again.

I've done threads for previous seasons, but kind of fell into the below...

Look forward to this thread every week until about February when OP can't be arsed

I'll try to make it through to March this season...

• Upvote 1

Ovie Ejaria started for Rangers as they progressed to the final qualifying round of the Europa League, beating Maribor 3-1 on aggregate. Ryan Kent was named on the bench and would replace Ejaria in the 68th minute. Ovie picked up a booking in the first half.

Also in the Europa League qualifiers, everyone's favourite ginger keeper, Adam Bogdan, shipped 3 goals as Hibs were soundly beaten and subsequently knocked out 3-0 on aggregate by Ole Gunnar Soljkaer's Molde.

More Europa League action, this time for Taiwo Awoniyi at Gent. Taiwo scored his first goal for his new Belgian club as he helped Gent win 3-1 on the night and 4-1 on aggregate against Polish side Jagiellonia. He also picked up a yellow card for his goal celebration. He was replaced in the 76th minute.

Highlights below.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bcJPyScM0MY

I suppose as Danny Ings is officially on loan at Southampton this season, we really should stick updates on his playing time in this here thread too...

Ings made his first Premier League start for Southampton in their fixture at Everton today, as they were beaten 2-1 at the hands of the Bluenoses. Ings also grabbed his first goal, netting in the second half to bring The Saints back into the game.

Ben Woodburn started for a second consecutive game for Sheffield United, but was replaced at halftime, as the Blades won 2-1 at home against Norwich. 

Harry Wilson was not named in the match day squad for Derby at Millwall. The Rams would lose the game 2-1.

Herbie Kane started once more for Doncaster as they travelled to Burton this afternoon. The home side picked up the 3 points with a 1-0 win. Herbie was replaced in the 59th minute.

Shamal George was an unused sub for Tranmere in their visit to Swindon, in what turned out to be a topsy turvy game for the visitors. 2-0 up within 20 minutes, then reduced to 10 soon after their second goal. The home side would go on to score 3 unanswered goals and pick up a 3-2 victory at the County Ground.

Allan was an unused substitute for Frankfurt today, where they were on the receiving end of a "cupset" in the DFB Pokal, as they were beaten 2-1 away at SSV Ulm.

Herbie Kane doing well too. Ejaria at Rangers seems to be growing into his role.

Had a quick look on a blades forum and they seem fairly patient about Woodburn. Seems to be an issue about finding his role rather than talent.

Wilson seems to be playing deeper for derby, but they have a lot of good attackers so that was always going to be the challenge for him. Not sure why he missed out today.

Herbie Kane doing well too. Ejaria at Rangers seems to be growing into his role.

Had a quick look on a blades forum and they seem fairly patient about Woodburn. Seems to be an issue about finding his role rather than talent.

Wilson seems to be playing deeper for derby, but they have a lot of good attackers so that was always going to be the challenge for him. Not sure why he missed out today.

Ejaria Has not had a great start.

Hence "growing into it", some of their fans seem to not like the fact he tries to play football. But he's looked far better and more confident every game. Looks to dictate matters and is getting there.

Both of them overplay it at times.

Ejaria and Kent both completed the full 90 minutes for Rangers today as they progressed to the last 8 of the Scottish League Cup with a 3-1 win at Kilmarnock.

Will now also track Hertha Berlin, as Marko Grujic will join them on loan for the season, subject to international clearance.

Our Colombian defender Arroyo has had his loan with Mallorca cancelled and is moving to Gent on loan, alongside other loanee Ayoniyi.

https://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/liverpool-youngsters-loan-cancelled-now-15063370

1 less match that Dynamite has to check!

Mallorca B was proving to be quite the pain, so even better news for me.

I'll be updating this thread a little later this evening, once the Rangers game is over.

Loris karius is off to Besiktas on two year loan deal with permanent transfer after two years for £9.5m assuming he plays at least 50% of their matches and they qualify for Europe (presumably in both seasons).

Strange deal if it is true.

Taiwo Awoniyi has started the last 2 games for Gent before being replaced. He played the first half of their league win on Sunday away at Eupen. He then started and played 75 minutes of tonight's Europa League 0-0 draw against Bordeaux.

From Tuesday's games, Herbie Kane played the full 90 for Doncaster as they were held 0-0 at home to Shrewsbury.

Shamal George was once again an unused sub for Tranmere as they drew 0-0 at home to Mansfield.

Ovie Ejaria and Ryan Kent both started for Rangers in their 1-0 win over Ufa in the Europa League qualifier at Ibrox. Kent was replaced in the 77th minute, with Ejaria playing the full 90.

Loris karius is off to Besiktas on two year loan deal with permanent transfer after two years for £9.5m assuming he plays at least 50% of their matches and they qualify for Europe (presumably in both seasons).

Strange deal if it is true.

He cost about half of that didn't he? I'd say it's a pretty immense deal given the circumstances. 

Taiwo Awoniyi has started the last 2 games for Gent before being replaced. He played the first half of their league win on Sunday away at Eupen. He then started and played 75 minutes of tonight's Europa League 0-0 draw against Bordeaux.

From Tuesday's games, Herbie Kane played the full 90 for Doncaster as they were held 0-0 at home to Shrewsbury.

Shamal George was once again an unused sub for Tranmere as they drew 0-0 at home to Mansfield.

Ovie Ejaria and Ryan Kent both started for Rangers in their 1-0 win over Ufa in the Europa League qualifier at Ibrox. Kent was replaced in the 77th minute, with Ejaria playing the full 90.

I saw the last half hour of the Rangers game. Kent looked good for the fifteen minutes or so I saw of him and a few mates said that Ejaria looked really assured. 

Interesting extract about Adam Morgan from a book about failed football prospects.

https://www.football365.com/news/adam-morgan-liverpools-next-next-big-thing

Surprisingly honest from Morgan that. There’s something about him that I just never liked but that’s made me warm to him a bit. I think they’ve got a bit carried away with the supposed hype there was around him in the article though. It wasn’t that big. There’s been plenty of players who’ve done quite well at youth level and never made the cut here and the majority of the fan base are and were fully aware of it. He never looked good enough never mind to the level of Fowler and Owen and if you look at what’s happened to him since he left it’s shocking that he ever got a game for us really.

The quotes from Twitter are well over the top.  He was ultimately a good news story, a kid getting a taste of his dream and people feeling good for him.  He was a very talented finisher who'd played with enough good players to understand where to be to get chances.  He was never physically ready to be a genuine first team prospect, if he'd have trained on his strength and fitness a bit more to absolutely maximise his potential, he'd have been a decent player - certainly in the league system.  As it is he was in that difficult position of not having the know-how or physical gifts needed to graft it out for a large percentage of the lower league sides and once he couldn't rely on the support of the aforementioned good players, he was lost.  A few loans to clubs where the manager wanted him to do a job he hadn't been trained to do probably saw him slip out of the league.

His game in the FA cup last season was a good reminder of his talent.  It wasn't made up, but he never got the practical help to build a career - which is damning (see also Jordan Lussey).  This is why just producing League players consistently is so important for the Academy. 

Says a lot about Rodgers that he seemingly only saw fit to make the point obliquely by putting Skrtel on him in training rather than just telling the kid to hammer the gym for a few months and being clear about where he needed to be.