You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Does the hate bother you?

Baltar

So I spend an obscene amount of time on the internet and I suspect that we are beginning to rival the mancs in becoming the most hated club in the land. On the BBC, on news websites, on fan forums, topics about Liverpool FC etc. attract huge number of trolls from every club to spew their disdain towards us. Their reasons vary and it's the usual bullshit (victims, scouse thieves, Heysel, living in the past, and the rest of it.) 

I can't say I'm bothered a great deal - although the idiocy of some of these obsessed haters can grate at times. I can take valid criticism of the club but we hardly ever get that. It's always stereotypes, lies, exaggerations and unadulterated hatred that's directed towards us.

The fact we are becoming competitive again, breaking transfer records, playing great football and reaching big finals has our rivals worried, so that's a good sign. 

We've always had an army of haters since the 80s which subsided a bit during the United/Ferguson era, but us re-emerging as a force has forced the scum to crawl out of the woodwork.

So I spend an obscene amount of time on the internet and I suspect that we are beginning to rival the mancs in becoming the most hated club in the land. On the BBC, on news websites, on fan forums, topics about Liverpool FC etc. attract huge number of trolls from every club to spew their disdain towards us. Their reasons vary and it's the usual bullshit (victims, scouse thieves, Heysel, living in the past, and the rest of it.)

I can't say I'm bothered a great deal - although the idiocy of some of these obsessed haters can grate at times. I can take valid criticism of the club but we hardly ever get that. It's always stereotypes, lies, exaggerations and unadulterated hatred that's directed towards us.

The fact we are becoming competitive again, breaking transfer records, playing great football and reaching big finals has our rivals worried, so that's a good sign.

We've always had an army of haters since the 80s which subsided a bit during the United/Ferguson era, but us re-emerging as a force has forced the scum to crawl out of the woodwork.

If anything it makes me hate us even more.

• Upvote 13

The vitriol can be quite astounding, but in the end they hate us because seep, deep down they secretly want to be us.

Liverpool are rock 'n' roll. Most of the vitriol comes from the fans of clubs like Chelsea, Spurs and Arsenal who aspire to that status but will always be a pale imitation, and they hate Liverpool because of it.

• Upvote 3

All big clubs are hated by other supporters. We really are not special in this regard. We’ve got to stop thinking the world hates us and just fucking get on with it.

Agreed,

Can't really bring myself to 'hate' any other clubs but Chelsea have got to be the epitome of a horrible club in terms of fanbase, former players, financial doping and current/ex-owners.

Also some of our peripheral fan base are embarrassing as fuck, I've come across quite a few lads in financial services and other professions who profess to support us but are basically only in it for the wind-up and vitriol towards colleges and friends. 

I reckon the majority of fanbases at the top end of the league are getting shafted by ticket/shirt/tv subscriptions so there tends to be a lot of common ground amongst those who aren't total bawbags.

I think it has been exaggerated this summer as there has been an inordinate number of articles about us as we have been the main buyers , and have seemingly made the most strides forward. Everton hate us because they feel worthless in our presence. Spurs, Arsenal, Man City & Chelsea are envious of our mystique and worldwide support. I only really consider United as a genuine rival.

• Upvote 1

I think it has been exaggerated this summer as there has been an inordinate number of articles about us as we have been the main buyers , and have seemingly made the most strides forward. Everton hate us because they feel worthless in our presence. Spurs, Arsenal, Man City & Chelsea are envious of our mystique and worldwide support. I only really consider United as a genuine rival.

Yeah, exactly how I feel.