You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Pulisic

Paul

OK, all you footy nerds/hipsters/ITK wannabes, sell me Christian Pulisic as a Liverpool player. Not shirts or a love in with Klopp or “U.S.A.!!!”; make me buy him as a footballer who would be worth spending €70m on at the age of 19.

I’ve referred to the font of all football knowledge (YouTube) and he looks less than half the player Fekir is (fucked knee notwithstanding). So assuming all this Bild stuff isn’t arrant shite, help me understand what he gives us now (as opposed to in 2/3 years time).

Go.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

He could be the sub that comes on at 0-1 down, wins a penalty that helps us equalize and then goes on to help us score another two goals to secure a 1-3 win.

Or was that because we had Karius in goal?

Can we swap Karius for Pulisic?

Right. So we’ve established that you lot know as much about his game as I do; ie, fuck all.

Where the fuck are all the nerds and hipsters? Numero - you’ve fucking badly gone down in my estimations here mate. I fully expected you to be all over this within nanoseconds of me posting it.

• Upvote 1

Paul, listen. He’s fast and he can go past people. He’s got goals in him. And most importantly, when I signed him on my PES master league there was no drop off in my team’s performance when I rested Mo or Sadio.

The entire football world thinks £60m is a steal. You’ve got nothing to gain from having an alternative view.

• Upvote 1

Seen him play a bunch -- he's quick and works off the ball. He is young,  so not what you would call clinical but as the fourth Musketeer would run riot and would create more space for others than Fekir would.

Play does not have to go through him for him to be effective. 

Is a more natural fit for our base system than Fekir. 

The lad looks primed to break out as one of the next stars in the coming years.

No doubt 70ml is probably overpriced for what he has produced so far but you are betting on his long term potential. WIth fees just rising through the roof you can easy see him being a great investment if he gets close to whats expected of him.

Sounds big money then you look and see Real have paid 45ml for Vinícius_Júnior a kid with less than 40 top flight games

When 30mil was a shitload - yes, they were.

He is easily worth three times Danny Ings.

Yea and anyone stupid enough to pay £20m for Ings will be wasting their money.  Thank fuck we didn't pay that for him, his wages alone the last three years have been a waste.

He looks to be at the same stage of his career that Coutinho was when we bought him.  If it turns out like that then no one would care but there's plenty more examples of players who don't realise their potential.  No better man than Klopp to bring it out of an attacking player though.

I'd be expecting a little more than four league goals from a £60m signing that's for sure.